Sippa's First Build / AWOL 40" LB / Evolve GT Trucks and AT Wheels / Racerstar 140kv motors / Foc Boxes / GT2B + mod

You already probably have a backpack, just loop it around the truck. Presto! instant parking brake

edit: or flip the board over

How do I take my golf shot with a backpack on?

edit: see now ya thinking, real low tech but effective

I’m assuming you’re the best golfer out of your party, and that’s your handicap to make it fair :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

haha, nah I’m a hacker thats why I need transport to chase my ball all over the course and still get around in 3 hours or less :grinning:

1 Like

Almost got it all for the initial mock up, waiting on some foc boxes from enertion cyber Monday sale.

1 Like

2 Likes

This thread is like Dominos :joy:

Chuck the pull cart in the pond and carry your bag like a normal person. Turn remote off just as you come to a stop, the brakes will hold it. Take bag off shoulder Grab club Rest bag on board or chuck it on the grass. Whack it (the ball) Turn remote on Put club away Ride

Looking good! twin dukes😃

1 Like

Cheers man, I wasn’t sure if the off braking would be strong enough but sounds like the goods.

Yeah the wife has the 200 duke, probably sell my 990 when I get the skateboard operational :grin: who needs 100 kilowatts when I can have 3…

Still waiting on foc boxes :sob:! 20180208_192337|374x500

Got a case but

Ordered the power solution today. 6 of these for 12s2p. They are 4.35v lipo cells but i will only charge to 4.2v for some braking regen headroom

1 Like

Do those motors make any clacking sound when you push the board? Both of my motors have basically broken down after just 1 ride, they still work but they both have this annoying clacking sound when doing bench run or when coasting.

Not at this stage, I haven’t really been able to use them yet though not having any vescs

Hobbyking run out of the Bolts above so I changed the order to 6 of these.

And a new charger, can adjust teeminal voltage ro as low as 4.0v with this one

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/ASC-27200-Reedy-1216-c2-Dual-Ac-dc-Balance-Charger-ASC27200/2255883877?_trksid=p2349624.m4096.l9055

1 Like

Finally got the focboxes. :tired_face:

Dodgy mock up to get it working until i model and print enclosures to finish it off.

Only running a temporary 8s setup. Ultimate will be 12s. Running dual focboxes over can

3 Likes

Haha can confirm first hour of use one motor has a clacking sound

My set screws were loose, that was causing the clacking sound. Tighten them up and use thread locker.

I meant set screws for motor pulley.

1 Like

Check the motor pulley first. If it’s not that, it’s the motor. When I used these on my build, after 100 miles mine started doing a clicking noise (not loud) but only when spinning without load. I showed a video to Banggood and they shipped me a replacement straight away.

1 Like

The noise will either be the motor pulley spinning on the shaft weird or one of the magnets hitting the stator

Have you rode the awol deck yet? I’ve got an arrow series downhill version on its way

1 Like

Im not suprised, the motor pulley is only held on by m3 grub screw in the pulley, I wanted to try a few pulleys before a more permanent fixture to the shaft.

I rode it around yesterday for about an hour, my first skateboard so i dont really have experience to give you feed back on what the deck is like. Its flexy though and with the evolve trucks seems pretty sensative to input.

My 8s battery is had it already. Bad cell in one broke a cell in the other so won’t be using it anymore. Will have to get the 12s wired up

Wow that is very disappointing, I would get a refund from HobbyKing. I’ve never had any issues with batteries from HobbyKing. I don’t think I’ll buy anything but turnigy blue lipos