Skikes and their firmness/hardness/durometer

Hey guys! So recently I received my skike 5 inch wheels and they seem to be to firm. I have not mounted them yet but from little bit of testing they seem to be rideable without even inflating them… I tried to put my whole weight (70kg/155lbs) onto one of them and it deformed just slightly. I think that the wheels once mounted on the board wont deform at all since my weight will be distributed on 4 wheels instead of 1 as during the testing.

I was wondering if any of you have the wheels and if so if yours are softer or not. Thanks in advance ! :slight_smile:

They’ll soften up after you out some miles on them.

Oh you dont even know how happy I am hearing that :smiley: Do you feel like they are softer than Kegels for example? or any other commonly used longboard wheels? After they soften up of course

Definitely softer than thane. The do great over rougher ground than flywheels can handle.

Awesome, thank you very much for the info :slight_smile:

No worries, be careful of wheel bite.

@Martinsp yup, like @mmaner said they will soften up quickly after riding them. They feel great esp on rough roads. Make sure you have spare tires the drive wheel wears out quickly. I used Paris 195s and didn’t have wheelbite; good to keep aware of that issue.

Do you have single drive? because the wear on the wheel might be caused or sped up because of wheel spin. I am planning to use dual motors on the back so it should not happen

And what pressure do you use?