Smoke a Torque Boards VESC?

Good choice, be sure to check the motor, battery, BMS etc for some obvious damage just in case… You dont want to break your focbox in case the reason for the DIY VESC to blow was the rest of the system.

Ok I checked the wiring didn’t find any connections or bad soldering points that could of caused it just gonna let it go and move on I guess.

RIP DIY VESC

IMO you should try to get it to work… it may be easier than you think.

If you want to you can check if the 5V, 3.3V are not shorted to ground. And check if the + and - on input are shorted (after bridging the burned trace) and check if the power wires are not shorted to either + or - on input.

1 Like

Where would I find the stuff to fix it?

Well from what we know right now you will need 3 electrolytic capacitors. Depending on where you are from you can find them on mouser of farnell. Or maybe even locally.

But it would be better to check what is wrong with it, since for some of the parts like DRV you would need a hot air soldering station/iron to remove and install a new one.

I’ll probably save fixing the vesc for later, the FOCBOX is the easiest option for me as I dont have much room for hot air soldering station.

Sure, it is up to you. Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like