SoCal Track Racing April 13

Posted 3/12

IMG_20190312_192709

5 Likes

Registration open, 30 spots. Get em while they are Hot!

1 Like

These tracks typically rent out for $1500.00 an hour. This is an evolve backed promotion and a great opportunity to track sk8 your DIY or production board for 25.00. Joe also has a group ride event after the race is finished. I think there may be a few spots still open.IMG_20180924_183359_357 IMG_20180924_151859 Pics by @Alphamail

4 Likes

Podium prizes.

1. Ruroc helmet
  2. armoured hoodie by @LazyRolling
  3. Shredlights I believe the roster is full. Check the website. This is also a Demo day. I believe you can show up and demo a board on the race track if your interested. Should be a good show-down of DIY and Production boards.
4 Likes

Just recent event Justin Morgan broke his hand and may not be competing this Saturday at the k-1 event in Carlsbad California. So it appears I have an open ride with a paid spot available for the K1 Speed race. If you are interested let me know it’s April 13th this weekend. You don’t need to be a world champion or even have any race experience come ride at your own level. Will have the final word from Justin on his hand Friday. This is what you’ll be riding. IMG_20181205_181622_604

4 Likes

Would like to announce Alyssa Torres will be the Alternate for Saturday’s race. Thanks Alyssa and welcome to team SRB.

5 Likes

:checkered_flag:Happy race day :checkered_flag: 7:45am is sign in. hot laps start at 8

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see footage from the race :checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

2 Likes

Wild card open board race hosted by Evolve, sponsored by Rurock, @LazyRolling and Shredlights. Race had qualifying, semifinals and 6 went to the finals. IMG_20190414_064324

Evolve Demo Day / esk8 Race / Group Ride

https://www.facebook.com/riptidebrad/media_set?set=a.2164777026902692&type=3&uploaded=212

2 Likes

Joe Dubya on FB. Video of Final 6 of 25 riders https://m.facebook.com/jdubya13?tsid=0.8766620884105891&source=result

1 Like

Awesome time at the race! I had a third fastest lap time of the day but I landed in last place on the final race. Took a pretty good spill at the beginning because someone doesnt know how to use their brakes coming up behind me on the first turn. Racing etiquette is lacking in the sport but its not a big deal and im not sour about it.

4 Likes

I wonder what my time was. All I know is moe got the fastest at 35. I think I heard them announce that I got 38/39 ish but I was also groggy with just 1-2 hours of sleep so I don’t remember much lol. I wish they published the official times somewhere.

2 Likes

I fully expect Justin Yee to make a full blown video about the whole event, but he posted a sneak peek here:

2 Likes

Mo got a 33.4, another guy got a 35.9 and I got 36.2. I was also working on two or three hours of sleep from the night before, lol.

1 Like

Madness. I can’t believe you guys can handle turns at high speeds like that. Comes with experience I guess. Even with bindings and pneumatics I can’t get over the fear of sliding out. But I think I did good making it to top 10 for a first timer.

2 Likes

An all out drag race to the first turn is probably not the best way to rig a start. Staggered like Grand Prix or rolling start may be a better option to sort the chaos going into the first turn. Also give racing room and holding your line is important. There is always the right of way for the leading vehicle, chopping a turn entry to move beside when the turn exit can’t be sustained without contact is always the responsibility of the person doing the passing. It’s up to the person being passed to hold his line as well. Passing on someones heel side involves risk. You can’t avoid what you can’t see.IMG_20190414_193555

3 Likes

I think our group, the first five during the semi final, habdled the first turn really well. I was third after that turn and the people behind me passed me very cleanly on the next couple of turns, though that may just be the result of my fear-of-sliding-out induced wide ass turning leaving openings for the others to take advantage of.

1 Like

If you don’t slide out pushing hard on a turn atleast a few times, you will never know how far you can really push it before you lose traction. Well as far as the k1 speed track is concerned. I would never lean or push as hard as i did on nornal roads.

received_430731814353323 received_578943545950183

2 Likes

Agreed. The 30 mins warm up session really helped me gauge how far I can push myself. I’m normally the type to let go of the throttle and coast my way into turns like how I would when driving, but I soon realized that I needed to still supply current and somewhat maintain my speed during turns if I’m going to keep up with everyone.

Same. One bad rubble patch and I’m done for.

Oh hey that’s me. Which means I may have crashed into you at some point. Sorry!

3 Likes