Sofu S3 | HAYA | 12S4P VTC6 + Modular Holders | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | Maytech 6880 190kv | Unity | FeatherRemote | 18-20:33 100mm

Why dont you like the abec 107s? :thinking:

1 Like

I think it was mostly the color scheme. She’s trying to make every match the light finishing of the wood and the stainless steel lid cover. So everything would be light and silver shiny.

That and it’s a lighter wheel with harder duro

You called me knob. Not sure what it mean, but if someone calls me a knob here in NSW I am kinda offended …,

1 Like

I’m english mate. A pom as you guys so kindly tag us. If you get offended by that term don’t ever move to england or indeed come up north. One other thing if an englishman takes the time to insult you then you are doing things right :wink:

Have you got your hands on the zill battery yet?

2 Likes

Frank is waiting for a larger order which should be here by end of this months.

Trampa Frank?

Awesome build aside, just hearing your thoughts on the 6880 motors has me excited. Ive got a set coming my way. Almost got 4 for a 4wd build lol

3 Likes

Are you insane? Don’t you have enough broken body parts :stuck_out_tongue:?

Haha. If i had a dollar for every time I heard that. Nothings broken. Just torn

1 Like

And torn out :wink:

torn out of its socket bro.

10 Likes

Nah Frank Luksic from Zill Boards.

1 Like

Thought for a second there they had resumed the relationship with trampa.

Hey @sofu I wanted to ask you how my mounts fitted? What wheel pulleys are you using and if you have spacers between the pulley and mount? If yes how thick is the spacer?

The stainless wire braid covers look so cool, I might try that in the future.

Are you going to do anything to protect the steel top layer? I had a crazy thought that you could spray a layer of clear plasti dip to show off the steel, and keep it from getting scratched.

https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/

I’m going to minimally grip it… in fact I’m laser cutting griptape right now! That’s actually a neat idea with the clear coat. I wonder how long it lasts…

1 Like

Mounts fit pretty well, though no matter how much I tighten down the axle with the spacers to press it in, I can’t get rid of the gap between the truck and the inside of the mount… Maybe I need to go buy a rubber mallet after all… I do have a spacer between the pulley and mount. One red one (the one that comes with the surfrodz). Using evolve’s 33t kegel pulley.

You need the 2018 winner of the build awards the man the myth the legend that is the skinner man himself @Sender !!!

5 Likes