[SOLVED] Raptor Riders Club

Yes, @SeanHacker, one of your early customers that trusted you from the very beginning with a large amount of money and only had broken boards to this day. He also brought a lot of issues to light that helped you and enertion be more communicative about those issues and fix them.

Because of him I know for a fact that my Raptor that I’m waiting since a year and 7 month will be a better product than the one he owns. Yes he’s rough with his words but that’s no way to talk to him.

3 Likes

You hate on me because I gave you money and you’ve given me not one, but two useless piles of junk for a couple grand? Damn dude. Wtf.

5 Likes

I think a good way for you to actually shut all of us up would be to deliver…

2 Likes

Sean, frankly speaking, I don’t want to talk to you via the forums because historically it’s not constructive.

I do understand you are upset, you have made it very clear to everyone.

My advice is to E-mail [email protected] and allow a certified repair agent to fix the board for you.

No hard feelings.

@SeanHacker I have already arranged the outwheels for you today. Will be confirming about motors from Bara today

1 Like

This is embarrassing :joy:

1 Like

You’re right and I don’t think you should be here answering every post. What I hope you understand is that leaving us in the dark all the time only make it worst and may fuel the kind of mindset you can see people in. I’ve been mostly ok waiting for the board. The pain is the inconsistencies in everything that is said or done. And the way it is done. This is what drives me nuts.

Sometimes you just want to know the status of your board and you have to dig between the chat, the forum, YouTube, Reddit and the production page to put together some « official news ». And then the forum shuts down and what could have been a minor incident if the company acknowledged it straight away and started working on a fix. We are back at creating an other thread hoping for some news.

I think that the production issues are one thing but your clients have the right to be in the clear and that in the easiest way. I don’t think you can not have a production update regularly just because you don’t have much news the same way I think the thread has been essential with everything happening with Raptor 2 so far and I don’t think it’s a thing to take lightly . And I don’t think it’s ok that someone within your company says that it might be taken down without any notice.

Other than that you are building a new a innovative product and that takes time and a lot of failure I guess. You really are a company changing the game in this space but you are not going to become one of the great if you keep acting his way with you customers.

Other than that I wish you good luck on your journey and I can’t wait to ride the beast.

4 Likes

Hm, I’d be surprised if the cost of hosting a forum like that could be of any significance to be even worth debating, even for Godaddy’s well known despicable practices. Unless you were dealing with some dodgy reseller? Even so how much could they possibly be asking, really!

It’s your right of course to treat this as an internal matter but know that this is a strong community and there are people with the know-how and the resources to help, both bring the forum back up if you have access to the data or a recent backup, or provide any sort of advice (technical or legal).

If it’s purely a billing issue and not settling will mean you can’t restore the forum elsewhere, but you are thinking of not settling it regardless, I guess that implies someone is trying to extort an amount of money that you consider unreasonable before they give you access to your data?

In any case, I for one volunteer to advice/guide someone from your team how to set everything up directly to a reputable provider like google, amazon, online.net, hetzner, ovh, etc, in a way that you don’t have to rely on any individual or find yourselves without a recent copy of related data necessary to bring it up back straight away ever again. Same sort of thing that you should have in place for this forum as well.

These two forums is one of the things that make Enertion different, don’t give up on it Jason. To many it will rightfully feel like you’re severing your ties with the community.

PS. It’s not just Godaddy snatching an expired domain and trying to oversell it right? Because… nobody really cares about the domain, just get a new one!

1 Like

Aaaaand it’s up again!

3 Likes

We’re back everybody. Thank you @onloop. We appreciate it.

https://www.electric-skateboard.club/t/enertion-raptor-2-shipment-discussion/428/2481

Nevermind, gone again.

Hi!

Domain is still registered to Jason Potter at godaddy, no updates since registration date on 2017-06-22T01:35:24Z

That means hosting issues (software and data possibly stored in cloud)

I just wanted to throw that in right now. You can take a look at an archived version of it at the following link. It´s a little bit slow but it still does the job :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Mike…it won’t load…login for me…35 min. Hasn’t time out but I’m getting 101 Mbps down.

I’m going to disconnect someone else can try.

The suspense is killing me can anyone access the archive?

1 Like

We know it’s an unpaid domain issue that closed the website. The problem though is that they won’t put it back on, again, as indicated by Jason’s comment that he’s thinking of closing it for good.

Tracking updated guys! 12 october for me! Friday.

2 Likes

@OlivierDud Great News

1 Like

Hey guys! I can’t believe it - my tracking info also just updated! Arrival end of day ~tomorrow (11/12th of October)!

Just one note: We will easily be able to see if these boards are from the old or the new batch. If anyone receives their board and the hub motors are not chrome/metal coloured, please report here. In any case, we should closely inspect our boards. Better notice a major issue before the maiden voyage :slight_smile:

I just got my Raptor 2 yesterday…this thing is a beast!

I am having an issue with the bluetooth though. When I turn the board on and scan for it on Metr and the other VESC status app, it won’t find the board.

I also did a regular bluetooth scan and it wasn’t finding the board at all.

Anyone else run into this or am I missing an important step to connect my bluetooth!?

Hey man congrats on getting your Raptor 2!

By the way the website is back :slight_smile: https://www.electric-skateboard.club/ . Try your question there!