Sorry if this is beneath u guys

i bought 2 cheap amazon return esk8 boards. the batteries needed to revived. i put a 7s2p and it worked great. i tried a 10s2p and blinking red light. then tried 8s , it worked , then 9s it worked. much better than the 6s1p it came with. it uses the same controller as Razor X Boards, but mine can drift …

1 Like

Good eye. OP got any actual pics?

Esc

10s2p now 9s2p 18650 hoverboard battery Paralleling two 6s1p batteries

1 Like

your name? bot?

I already have one board with a 7s2p. Why did I go through the trouble? I guess I’ll need someone else my size to see if there is a range difference, cuz 4 more 18650 can go much farther or faster.

1 Like

If you’re looking for range, increase the pgroup. Speed, increase the series.

1 Like

If anything I really want is the braking power to increase. The other board with the 7s2p was better. Probably better battery, or I put too much extra wire. I’m gonna try 8s2p because the wires connections look more solid.

1 Like

Braking power would depend on the esc programming. Not much about the battery since you have to change the regen current for more stopping power… But you can try and see if it does.

1 Like

It increased a little, or maybe a little in my head. But it seems like the controller has to stop because the battery is full. Any thing I can do to increase the esc power, can it be done with better mosfets and capacitors.

1 Like

No, it has to be reprogrammed. However, I’m not sure if that board specifically is able to be reprogrammed. This is where you usually just get an esc that is reprogrammable.

Whatever the manufacturer had programmed the esc to, that is what you’re stuck with.

Since that is the razor x, you’re stuck with it unfortunately.

1 Like