Sparkle v1.0 GT2B enclosure mod by OKP

thanks ! is there possibility for me to take ownership of this thread (in terms of posts?), So I can update the first post accordingly with all the good info; or if any mod could do this - that would be awesome :smiley:

The resistor can be any type (Preferably as small as youā€™re comfortable working with). Just make sure they generally around the same value (E.g 10K Ī© and 8K Ī© should work fine) and wire them like so:

1 Like

Hey folks, Iā€™m receiving really great feedback on the remote either on forums or in real life. Thatā€™s why I decided to investigate a bit further for those who donā€™t want to print it or have trouble in reaching an appropriate ā€œprofessionalā€ quality level. This is now in milled in ABS block; professional quality; oil finish black painting (colors are possible). Thatā€™s a prototype and I used all the donation (plus added (a lot) of extra money) as you can imagine this costs $$$ for 1 piece :slight_smile:

The fit is perfect as you can imagine.

My wife is gonna killed me hehe!

EDITED remark : Iā€™m not here to make money with this remote. The files are available if you want to print them for yourself and personal use.

is there any interest :smiley:

10 Likes

Printed a white Sparkle via 3DHubs. Not the best quality, but will do just fine

1 Like

Thatā€™s sick quality!

For the Mad Monkey mod they made a mold to be able to cast the enclose with resin. Might be a cheaper way to produce them than milling from abs?

1 Like

Wow, that is just downright beautifulā€¦

1 Like

I ended up damaging the usb board while soldering so I purchased a universal usb board. Could someone please help me out with identifying what the three pin-outs on the the main circuit board are? The new micro usb board has VCC, D-, D+, ID, and GND. I know I will need power and ground from the main board, but what will the third wire go to?

ā€œIDā€ most likely isnā€™t used. Also, you should try first with only the + and - rails connected. Thereā€™s a good chance the charging circuitry doesnā€™t use the others, and this way youā€™d save some mess inside the case.

According the the badwolf tutorial, you will need to use the white wire even though you shouldnā€™t need to. Apparently the battery will not charge if the white wire isnt attached to the PCB from the usb board.

seen on Reddit !

Iā€™ve got a MicroSwiss hotend coming in the mail. Super excited to print some of these and Iā€™ll send some $$$ your way once I do. Should get some great quality as well. That milled ABS one looks super sweet, but must be quite expensive. I like the mould and cast idea from @mptrs

do you have some updates about this?

for sure, I got the ABS enclosure on my desk for 2 weeks now :slight_smile:

cool, but I just checked your shop and I canĀ“t buy it nowhere :smiley:

I can organize a group buy if some people are interested to lower the cost at the maximum. We would need to arrive around 20/30pcs to get something decent (I think!).

Hey guys, someone is violating the license by selling the SPARKLE. He removed the logo and violates the CC license.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/electric-skateboard-remote-control-gt2b-/272603081743?hash=item3f7868ec0f:g:LcYAAOSwzgBY1R2m

http://www.3dguy.co.uk/home

letā€™s take this guy down - thanks for your support folks!

whois on the domain gives

Domain name: 3dguy.co.uk

Registrant:
    adam downes
Registrant type:
    UK Individual

I sent him a gentle email so he can remove the item, letā€™s see how this goes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@unik: I put on my Sherlock hat and give you the followingā€¦

Itā€™s @qtron whoā€™s selling them.

Check this post:

and compare with this:

http://www.3dguy.co.uk/adams-build

4 Likes

Busted! Nice investigation work.

1 Like

Well done Sherlockā€¦

Selling it and removing the logo is not only a license violaition but also a dick move.

I guess that means I canā€™t sell mine nowā€¦ Since my printer is crap with PETG, I removed the mesh geometry for the logo. :stuck_out_tongue:

This sort of thing happens really frequently with lone eBay-sellers stealing designs from the DIY community.