Sparkle v1.0 GT2B enclosure mod by OKP

I’m almost done with my new remote so unless you are in a big hurry that may worth waiting. It’s light, ergonomics; fits in the pocket and space have been optimized.

@unikboards can you share the file with me so i can test the printing…i can be your guinea pig?

not yet - I plan to finish it properly before any release. I have a 3D printer and … some iterations behind and more to come if you see what I mean :slight_smile:

I may be also looking for support/donations as this was a bit consuming in PLA material !

how long is it till you finish making this?

two days maybe :slight_smile: just missing few iterations… and a bit of PLA !

1 Like

Cant wait that long bud :frowning: @unikboards

are you gonna put it up in thingiverse?

Im a noob at this modding stuff, but I’m assuming you just unscrew your gt2b, get all the parts and place it in the new 3d printed case with no soldering required. I’m hoping its super easy to do…

I’m planning on doing this by printing it out on 3d hub, and I got some good prices in my area. I could print out 1 okp case for 7$ or get 2 complete okp cases for 10$. They only offer ABS plastic printing so not sure if that will be a problem. The next cheapest seller in my area that does PLA plastic is 15$ for 1 okp case.

I just finished my GT2B mod, the @MasterCho mod which was super easy btw. However, there was some soldering required, this is because at least for the mod I was using, a battery modification was required. You can find a tutorial on that here How-To: GT2B --> Badwolf v2 | Endless Sphere DIY EV Forum. It is basically making 2 pools of solder on the positive and negative terminals of the battery then reusing some wires from the Channel 3 PCB to the main PCB to connect the battery directly to the main circuit board. I hope I could offer some clarification.

EDIT- I am not sure about this case but by the looks of it, a USB charging port relocation will probably be necessary, this requires soldering as well.

Ok thanks, I’m not very experienced with soldering but I think I can do it.

I will post a full length tutorial of the mod I did in the future which should help. Just as a not, I am not very experienced with soldering either so if I can do it, you can :smile:.

why not go for a mad munkey when this is such a hassle?

As I said before, if you are excepting a perfect mod, don’t print it. I hope to improve it with the help of 3d printer owners. I may just delete it if okp release his mod, to avoid any confusion.

but he didnt 3d print his mod

Mainly because i dont like the shape of it

I need to tweak it a bit more to get the binding button aligned on the top enclosure; I assume one iteration print will make it OK for a first release (will to it today). There’s be still some improvements to come as I ride with it.

I plan to release it by end of this week at the latest if there’s any interest. * This was the previous iteration, but I will remove the “OKP” branding (which was for fun) on it as I am not a celebrity …!

http://www.e-sk8.fr/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/IMG_7765.jpg

last iteration ongoing ! I am learning 3D, so apologize to all the CAD designers out there :slight_smile:

cant wait for it to be released!

a little update to keep you posted. I need to move 1mm up the hole of the binding button to ensure perfect alignement. This is already done, but I am going to launch another iteration to confirm that visually with a 3D print. so i’m still in time with the planning !

on its way ! I modified a bit the shape to make it even smaller, especially at the end of the trigger.

I’m launching a new print of the complete enclosures and will report back.

1 Like