Split PPM Confusion

30q are know to be 20a cells even though they are 15 by the manufacturer

4p * 20a = 80a / 2esc = 40a/esc bat max

Regen no more then 2c 3Ah * 4p = 12Ah * 2capacity = 24a/2esc = -12a bat min per esc

2 Likes

You could probably set your batt max to 30 if your bms allows a 60a discharge, and you wonā€™t kill your batteries. So with batteries that are still working, Iā€™d say thatā€™s a performance boost :grin:

I donā€™t have a discharge BMS, only a 80a charge only

Regarding motor amps vs battery amps

1 Like

Then either go the conservative route with 30a batt max per vesc, or go crazy with the - up to- 40a /vescā€¦ I donā€™t think one should exceed that though.

to think I have been running 50a for weeks. Luckily short rides

80a bms for charging only is unnecessary bulk. You could as well use something a lot smaller.

The gist I got from PM

Itā€™s a 6355. Which are typically rated for 2000w.

On a dual setup of 4p 30q with a max batt amp of 40/esc or less to maintain the constant current capability of the cells

2000w \ 36v = 55 ampsā€¦

Your battery can only provide 40 amps

36v * 40a = 1440w

If you set a motor max of 60. You can achieve 60 motor amps up until 24v or 66% duty cycle. At which point every % of duty cycle increase will cause a motor amper output decrease to stay within the 40a(1440w) battery max limitation.

Basically your battery canā€™t overpower the motorā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s the white wire coming out of your ā€œreceiverā€, sure there are also resistors inside that one, but 2 different storys actually

@GJHS here is some related information from a different discussion:

1 Like

Whoops, that was a hell of a slip. Stupid fingers.

That reminds meā€¦I once accidentally text a real estate agent I shampooed my balls instead of the carpetā€¦

It was really awkward after that as I didnā€™t catch it for a day or two when I wondered why he never responded. @faithfulpuppy

2 Likes

he was obviously giving you time to clean the carpet before he came to look at the house :joy:

1 Like

what is PPM?

PPM is pulse position modulation, but VESC actually uses PWM and has it mislabeled as PPM. PWM is is pulse width modulation.