Street Missile | Vanguard 42" Flex 1 | Caliber II’s | Dual 6354 | Dual Hi-Output VESC | 10S Lipo

Cool ! 15mm would help a lot did you have to remove much of the hanger?

Don’t have to remove any hangar. The drive wheel pulley has a large enough ID to clear it.

1 Like

Argh, exchange rates blow! Shipping and 2 puts it up to $150 for me. :frowning: Fk it. It’s just money :laughing:

Are you limiting the ERPM? Since you’re running 10s and 260KV :slight_smile: I’m asking because I’m planning to do the same, but I would rather not limit anything. :slight_smile:

No limits! Haven’t had any issues, even at full throttle.

Okay, then a 260kv 18T on 8S should be okay I guess. Maybe @chaka can confirm for me? :slight_smile:

18T motor pulley?

No, 18T as in 9 pole pairs I think. I’m not sure about these because I don’t know what it means. It just says 18T in the specifications of the motor where most is 14T :slight_smile: EDIT: T for “Turns”

Decided to upgrade the board with 100mm MBS wheels, can’t recommend them enough!

The swap out was fairly straightforward due to @JuniorPotato93’s awesome wheel pulleys. Went with the 15mm wide 42T version and 3D printed them out of nylon at 100% infill.

Motors are now too wide so I had to do a front/back approach.

The ride is noticebly better comming from 83mm flywheels, especially on rough michigan streets.

The second half of the video is a hot lap filmed by @RunPlayBack

3 Likes

Do you have any pics of the metal shims you mentioned?

I don’t have any pictures but I can tell you that it is just a tiny rectangle about .35 x .75 x .03". You can pretty easily cut them out of a soda can or some thin aluminum sheeting.

Got me nervous riding on Maple Rd with traffic haha

haha sorry about that, I was meaning to head around the track but missed the turn. At that point the open road was too tempting and I just had to ride it out.

What lipo are u using??

10S 8000mah lipo pack from APS that I bought 3 years ago. Discharge is 30C. Has proved to be pretty dependable over the years.

I’m trying to understand where you put them. Between the two mating surfaces? The mounts I have are pretty straight. Do they bend/warp over time?

1 Like

Lipos last that long?

Thank you! That makes sense. I have the circle clamp mount so doesn’t apply to mine

These ones seem to. Apparently they are from Japan. I balance charge each time and rarely run them down too far. I’m sure they have lost a little bit of range but I can still take them over 8 miles which is enough for me.