Stripped psychotiller motor mount - no longer able to get parts - SZ motor mounts?

my psychotiller motor mount has a stripped hole (the part that slides on the hanger) and refuses to stay tight with only 2 bolts. a replacement is no longer available, so i was wondering if there was another good set of motor mounts that would fit sz trucks?

also, if i was going to fix it… what do you thing about drilling out the hole and tapping it for a bit bigger of a screw?

or do i just sand the black off and JB weld them bitches together? i dont think i ever need to really adjust the motor height.

My buddy Gabe (coloradocaddy) has been tasked with fixing it so im trying to get some community input. Thanks my brothers.

Please upload a picture showing the exact issue.

1 Like

You can always use a thread repair kit like a helicoil.

Threaded insert would be better than a helicoil. Superglue it in. Job done. Or, simply retap for the next size up.

Drill it out a size bigger and thread it to a larger bolt or run the bolt all the way through and put a nut on the back… Loctite,ride, easy :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

What you can do is use longer bolts. (The ones that hold the plate to the clamp. And put a nyloc nut on the other end that sticks through the clamp. You’ll probably need m4 x 20

3 Likes

Always a good idea to have m420 first.

2 Likes