Tonight i’ve been tooling around with my new build, and I have some questions… please bear with me… 3 main issues (1 - watt limit limiting brakes 2 - no brakes past speed limit 3 - battery regen limit not hit until last moment).
Here are the configurations I have - thus far…
- Stronger brakes: How do I get stronger brake force when setting a wattage limit? The wattage limit seems to apply to both acceleration and brake force… and since I have my setup geared for speed, even 20 watts gets you going pretty quick! But then it’s difficult to slow down- not exactly beginner friendly. Fine for me, I can foot brake or slide, but I want my friends to be safe too…
- I’ve tried turning off my wattage limit, and only limiting battery and motor amps, and that just feels crazy, almost too powerful and unpredictable, even down to 1 amp max battery and 20 motor amps… huh.
- Setting a max speed seems to have some effect… but unfortunately it seems to disable 95% of the brake power if you happen to go faster than the speed limit set in the app.
- For example, I set 10mph… feels somewhat fast in a tight neighborhood… but the moment I coast a bit faster downhill, the brake force stops and comes back on once I am going less than around 10mph… so I just leave this pretty high (around 30mph) and don’t have the issue of the brakes cutting out past the speed limit.
- I’d rather if it would brake to keep the board at the speed limit.
- I notice that when I set a lower wattage limit, not only does it seem to limit the brakes, but it also limits the battery regen, way below the setting I have it set to… until the last moment… right before stop the brakes lock up much harder and the regen amps jump to the regen setting (jump to -8A from -0.5A to -1A) before the board comes to a halt. i’d love it if not only the board would brake harder when setting very low wattage limits, but also regen to the limit i’ve set.
Is there an ERPM or some other settings I need to change to fix these things? I guess I could also add this, but it might go without saying: On the faster modes not limited by wattage, braking is great… everything is great. @Ackmaniac I figure you are the guy to tag…