Student Budget e-board

90mm wheels maybe if i had 20:40, i could climb them

Yeah or wheels a just too big I was running 83s

people say 12s is the edge for most good vesc’s. he wants to run a turnigy vesc from HK but still good to tell him that.

Yeah but if you pay for

And get calaber trucks your budget goes way high~!

And then a meepoboard shines so bright it blinds you and you know de wae.

2 Likes

Not sure why you responded to me while quoting @rey8801

1 Like

just stating where the conversation was going to “buy premade packs Kinda like ikea.” “assemble not create”

I just recommended him what he should buy… Nothing is worse than buying the same component twice, because you went a little cheaper in the first way… Trust me, I talk from experience

1 Like

Yeah I get that. I guess then he Should not buy a cheap premade longboard but rather Caliber clones 90mm flyhwheel clones and a cheapo deck. and that would work better.

1 Like

My first build was around $250 so it’ deffinetly do-able. But don’t cheap out on pulleys. I did and they only lasted a few weeks. It’s worth it to at least get the hobbyking pulley set to save yourself a lot of headache

Fvt is good but not that powerful

I would get a xcar beast 120 or 150 or trackstar 150 Basically these are rebranded ZTW or SkyRC ESCs which are good quality ones in the RC field and they support sensored operation without any mod With these you should run a racerstar BRH5065 200kv or BRH6368 280kv ( not BRD they have no sensors) Search on aliexpress as banggood recently got more expensive

Otherwise the turnigy VESC works well, especially with the hobbyking esk8 motor

I suggest you get lipos from hobbyking, used dozens of them for RC and FPV, they work great and so cheap ( sometimes less than 20cts/Wh, like a 6s12ah for 50 bucks)

You can’t use the stock wheels of your Longboard as you need a pulley in the wheel Get some 97mm wheels from aliexpress, costs 25 Print two 36t flywheel pulleys from thingiverse Mount them on hobbyking trucks and motor mounts, these are really solid even if I recommend you to buy 4 higher quality 5x20mm screws.

For your radio get a gt2b, far more reliable and easy mods available.

Also, Best way to run dual for cheap, get a 3€ 8mm 30cm shaft from banggood, along with 2 racerstar red pulleys, Htd5m 265 belts from aliexpress Remove the motor shaft and replace it by the longer one, use a dremel to cut and make flat spots on the shaft. Use spacers between the pulley and motor to prevent motor to slide and you get a dual drive!

3 Likes

3 Likes

you tried to turn on that? if not, just be ready :rofl:

also if there isn’t a bearing supporting the shaft in the right side, it will snap on your first ride.

3 Likes

i have been using the turnigy kitsince december last year. it is just OK. why am i saying this?

1)MOTOR: The motor is too weak. running at 6s (which i am right now) it only take 16KMH. is a good speed for beginners, but in two/three day yoy will realize that isnt enough, althought they recommen run in 10s. i borrow a motor from a friend of mine, KEDA 190. running 6s you can reach 32KMH, i am still waiting shipping my pair of 5s to test on the original turnigy motor that comes with the kit

2)BEARINGS: i replace the original bearings to a RED BONES, the speed increase 2kmh and a much more smoother run.

about the vesc. so far so good.

yeah this is actually my GF’s everyday board, and mine works just the same :wink:
We’re talking longboard, not cars so it’s not supposed to turn that much, and as you turn your weight is getting off the outter wheel which allows it to make for the speed difference. Anyway there is also a bearing on the other side to help with the belt tension, inside the black 3d printed piece that holds with two screws

Sooo… First parts came to me!

Actual list of parts (some in shipping): 1 Longboard SANTAFE CITY CRUISER $76,02 second-hand 2 Motor SK3 - 6364-245KV $53,10 3 ESC FVT 120A $29,24 second-hand 4 Radio Excellway® 2.4GHz $30,51 5 Button 12V 4 Pin Led Metal Push Button $1,93 6 Battery 1 Turnigy 5000mAh 20C 3S $0,00 I had one 7 Battery 2 Turnigy 5000mAh 20C 3S $26,32 8 Accesories $14,62 $231,74

Now I’m wondering about motor mount - I would prefer HobbyKing one, but in UK and EU Warehouse it is out of stock. So now I’m wondering about temporary 3D printed motor mount.

OK, so you paired a new battery with an old one aren’t the IR (internal resistance) different, I don’t know much But what I know is old batteries have less range meaning that 1 battery can drift below the safe Cutoff while the other is going strong risking ruining your lipo cells! Maybe get a lipo voltage monitor and set safe cutoff voltages like 3.75v or more.