TB VESC good enough?

I’m looking into the final parts list for my electric skateboard that I am building, however, one of the parts that I am not sure of is the VESC. I want a VESC for the extra bit of tweaking, but I’m not sure I was to spend nearly 300 Canadian pesos on a focbox when my build is going to be somewhere around the 500 Canadian dollar mark. I know the VESC isn’t something that I can really cheap out on, but one of the ones in between price ranges between basic ESCs and the focbox is the TorqueBoards VESC. I will be running it on a 10s2p li-ion battery I will be putting together (the battery isn’t final, depending on pricing I may have to go with 2 3s li-pos).

I guess I just want your guys opinion on the TorqueBoards VESC for my case as I’ve seen mixed things about it here

with the batterys you described I doubt you could supply enough power to make the vesc kill iteself unless its setup really correctly… it should suit your needs :slight_smile:

I’ve got multiple boards running TB VESC’s in both BLDC and FOC mode. It’s a myth that they aren’t good.

The FocBox will allow you higher amps, voltage and erpm but as long as your values are conservative you’ll be fine.

1 Like

agreed, Ive hit 35a per vesc in a dual build… not sure what more people really want for “casual”

1 Like

i run 2 TB vescs…only issue ive had was a blown drv but that was user error. got it fixed and theyve been great. (im also a canadian who didnt want to spend ~250pesos per foxbox)

1 Like

I know I’ll cop some shit for this but the HobbyKing vesc is now a really good contender, they’ve changed to the Vesc 4.12 and if it does happen to fail you can send it back because it has a 1 year warranty. There also about the same price if not cheaper than Tb vescs which don’t have a warranty

1 Like