Teemo board, $249, cheap, pretty, do you like it?

Lol also Meepo is a Dota 2 character

Yeah, Iā€™m tempted to start my own rebrand company as well.

No need to take a name from a game, I plan on calling it ā€œLegal Issuesā€ Cuz thatā€™s what I expect those to get into if they keep on doing it rofl.

1 Like

@teem do you buy them from diyeboard.com too or is there an other company behind this?

iWonder, diyeboard is just a reseller.

Wowmepgo, $249, cheap, pretty, do you like it?

5 Likes

and it has a handleā€¦

1 Like

Fuck teemo and his stupid shrooms

2 Likes

I so so so sick of this part of the industryā€¦here I am blasting companies on Facebook for it and I come to my refuge in the DIY forums to find it here tooā€¦admins please delete all this bull unashamed when you see itā€¦these people are utterly ruining the industry and perverting the meaning of the word qualityā€¦it falls to us to police this industry into something coolā€¦these companies are even hiring troll farms to ruin the reputation of Facebook group moderators who put up resistance to itā€¦this is a war and you guys donā€™t even realize itā€¦this forum is the last refuge of truth this entire industry has leftā€¦I say we delete the entire ā€œpre-builtā€ section altogether and get rid of any chance or excuse they have for ever posting hereā€¦

2 Likes

the handle placement and hub motors technically make this a raptor 2 clone

1 Like

I think deleting the entire pre-built section isnā€™t necessary as itā€™s interesting to compare DIY to prebuilt, and many people DIY-hack their prebuilts.

I do think posts that serve no purpose other than to advertise a new product should be banned. Isnā€™t it frowned upon to just straight up advertise a brand or product on this forum anyway?

Perhaps the only exception would be if the company was willing to send a few experienced members of the forum Boards to review, and then we could allow a thread on that brand to hear the reviewers opinions on the Boards

experienced members do not want to ruin their reputations by even being associated with such boardsā€¦this is a DIY forum, to me if it doesnā€™t have anything to do with DIY building it has no place hereā€¦thereā€™s a pile of sell-outs and groups loaded with spam all over facebook, and redit is loaded with it tooā€¦they have their place, they can keep it over thereā€¦and modding a pile of shit, it like just pushing it around on the ground a littleā€¦it is still what it isā€¦wishing for quality and wanting this industry to grow and become something more intrinsic than the desire of a factory to make money means we must point out the truthā€¦there must be a bastion of people who want more, who want better and demand it or else we will never get itā€¦I hate to sound so negative all the time, and I wish I didnā€™t have tooā€¦but my feeds and notifications are being overrun with bullshit and frankly it turns me off to electric skateboarding entirelyā€¦

4 Likes

This is an open community - itā€™ll stay that way. Iā€™m perfectly smug knowing that these boards arenā€™t made with care. If people are so obsessed with the price instead of the quality, theyā€™ll learn the hard way.

3 Likes

I am reminded of the phrase, ā€œbuy cheap, buy twice!ā€

1 Like

Once I bouhght 2 cheap chargers from china for like 1.5$ one of the blew the other works fine. Ofc I threw away the one that worked fine learned my lesson.

I also use a like 2 dollar charger, 6 months later still solid.

Well I bought like 3 china Lightning chargers for Ipadmini 4 all did not work but I bought one from amazon for 3 times to price and it works! what if your charger shorted itself from the heat and burned your house?

At the end of the day they all come from China and sellers are just profiting from you

Chinese products have the capability of being high quality

2 Likes

Gā€™sā€¦ another Teemoā€¦ thats 1 & 2 (respectively) topics list on the forum.

also i believe the pre build should not be deleted as a category, there are some pretty damn decent builders out there and if they decide to make a run at it, this would be the best place to start in my opinion plus can be influenced by members to improve on a designā€¦ or like whats happening to Teemo and their clonesā€¦

Does this thing toss around mushrooms, hide in bushes and shoot blow darts?

1 Like

I think this is an interesting topic so farā€¦

A year ago, I was amazed when meepo came along, sold this board, and everyone loved it. Still to this day, I hear a lot of praise of meepo and very little complaining.

But the reality is these boards hurt the industry. Let me explain a littleā€¦ I almost have every part I need for completes secured in a supply chain. After 2.5 years of development with hummie of the hub motors, and 2 years of hollow core deck development, Iā€™m almost ready to enter the complete market. But I also realized that I need more funding. So my plan, being in SF, is to start contacting VCā€™s and angel investors to gain more funding. But hereā€™s the problem I face. These guys are claiming 20 miles of range and 26 mph top speed. Total BS, but now when I go into a meeting, they will ask me ā€œWhy does a $200 board get more range than your $2500-3000 board?ā€. Either I join the party and claim 40 miles range (knowing that for me, itā€™s still more like 12 miles in the hills of SF), or I have to explain why everyones range numbers are total bs. Either way, a what, 180 wh battery is not doing 20 miles while my 604 wh battery does 12 milesā€¦

Iā€™m glad to see people catching on and speaking up about it. The boards make it harder for community builders to start a company building quality boards.

6 Likes