Tesla Modules for Sale

For sale modules from a 85D, P85D Tesla Model S battery packs. Perfect for home battery storage or a EV conversion! Donor cars and packs are always less than 18 months old and less than 10k miles when the battery is taken out. The modules consist of 444 Panasonic 18650 cells of about 3400 mAh nominal capacity. The cells are configured 6s74p,

Voltage range for the whole module is about: 18.6V soc 0% 23.1V soc 70% 24.9V soc 100% capacity ~250Ah, ~5.3kWh

Dimensions: length: 27”/685mm total width with mounting fins: 11 13/16”/300mm width without mounting fins: 11”/280mm height: 3”/75mm mounting fin at: 2”/50mm terminals apart: 9”/230mm tubing: 5/16” 8mm weight about: 55lbs / 25kg

14 days non DOA Warranty

The cells can be considered practically new with max 40 cycles on them. The modules will be shipped with two M8 screws on the terminals, protective rubber covers and a pigtail connector wire for the BMS.

https://www.panjo.com/buy/build-you-own-tesla-powerwall-model-s-85-battery-modules-22v-250ah-5-3-kwh-213050

4 Likes

Last time I checked these cells were not designed for 20 amps maxiumum discharge.

1 Like

Who cares at 74p?

3 Likes

I’ve been dreaming about mounting some trucks on this beast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s 55lb battery weight dude

1 Like

25 kilograms to be precise.

These cells are designed for 8-10A Continous, 15A burst (85D and down) or 20A burst (90D and up)

Also I dont think the 85D had 3.4Ah cells, thats only in the new 90/100D packs (although if im wrong please let me know!)

Source: my longboard and okashira on endless sphere

1 Like

I’ll give you $50 for one, because the time it’s going to take me to break it down and build what I need will cost me too many hours to make it a viable option, sorry…

1 Like

Yup, Okashira is one of the to go guys for li-ion stuff on endless sphere.

1 Like

Damn, that’s tempting.

2 Likes

at 74P those numbers look more like a wire-vaporising 594-740A continuous, 1110A burst (85D and down) or 1480A burst (90D and up)

1 Like

Are you selling them here thinking that people will split the cells out individually?

1 Like

it’s $1425 / 444 cells, that’s $3.2 per cell, then whoever gets it will have to break them down into individual cells. 30q are about $3.6 per cell shipped so…not sure if this’d make sense.

unless…take the whole module, keep it intact, then mount trucks to it. the module becomes the deck.

genius.

3 Likes

That’s correct, ludicrous mode on the P90/P100D will peak around 1500A, they had to switch to inconel contactors to keep it all from melting. The motors themselves can draw something around 150KW each.

Don’t forget while those are the peak specs of the cell, Tesla definitely doesn’t draw that much out of it, they’re aiming for as long life as possible and the less you stress your cells the better

1 Like

I don’t usually use foul language here, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT, batman

1 Like

Hmm, these seem like the perfect size to wire in series at 12s and put them on this thing. It’s one thing to go the farthest or the fastest, but how about the MOSTEST! Time to set a record for the biggest, longest, fastest group Esk8 ride on ONE E-skateboard. Who’s with me?! I’m thinking 4wd, VESC 6’s, 12s74p, 120-100 motors, giant Six Shooter wheels…umm…

@BigBoyToys I’m using all my Jedi Force powers :robot: to draw you back to the community ASAP, cause I think this is a project that would have your name all over it. Even if it is just a crazy thought experiment. :pray: :muscle:

4 Likes

1 Like

12S74P

Even I don’t think that ridiculous. I was thinking 10S74P :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, they’re already configured as 6s74p, so it just makes sense to go 12s. Plus the VESC 6 should be able to handle the voltage, but how many amps x4 until they explode? 600 amps? 26,000 watts? I kind of really want to build this now.

1 Like

You’d need motors with multiple sets of windings and one esc per set.