[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

I said reliable. :laughing:

Always turn your remote off and see what happens before you get on the board. It should go into “coast”. If not, don’t ride it yet

1 Like

the weird thing was that this was already done. I had it on the bench, turned off the remote mid throttle and the motor slowed to a stop. I’ve been on rides where I turned off the remote and had the board on for 10+ minutes. But one day it just started doing that. I tired it a few more times and it seems like there was a 25-30 second delay after the remote turns off and the motor goes full throttle. I think it had to do with the remote trim settings. It’s never happened again since. Now I just leave the board on and remote off for 10 minutes on the bench just to be sure.

2 Likes

My question was kind of dumb, Im just interested in everyone’s opinion for the least faulty, best feeling remote is

I guess it doesn’t have to have a screen and uart data, I just need it to be reliable

E: changed the question before the pencil appeared, just to be clear. Lol

My mini remote ( the larger one, not the micro torqueboards one) started to act up randomly as well one day. It would always make my wheel quiver and twitch. No amount of throttle adjustments or vesc tampering helped… I wonder why they just decide to go ballistic :thinking:

@Sender What is that green thing on the edge?

10 Likes

I think I’ll adopt your strategy ASAP.

Thanks for this.

2 Likes

Follow my guide and it will be fixed :slight_smile:

You have to set the failsafe first before you make the VESC “PPM” adjustments.

4 Likes

That remote is looooong gone… What would you recommend if I’m looking for crem de la crem or however you spell it… :joy:

Lime green paint underneath 3 coats of spraymax 2k clear coat

11 Likes

Many people like the Hoyt

I wonder if mapping the hoyt internals (for their connection stability) to a trigger style ‘thing’ (can’t think of the word?) Would be possible :thinking:

Talk to @sender and @mmaner about the Hoyt puck

2 Likes

Why? Why make something that so elegant and tough mediocre?

2 Likes

Because I hate thumb throttle?

Whatever I guess :joy:

1 Like

I TRIED the Hoyt puck and just didn’t like it that much. I got accustomed to the modded GT2B mods…it’s not really a thumb vs index finger issue as I do like Boosted, and Backfire’s thumb wheels. My issue is the massive puck that I need to grip. It’s like a water bottle cap. I’m guess it would just be something to get used to. The build quality does feel very solid. I’ve said it before, they need to thin in down, make one side of it with the plastic they use to make slide pucks and velcro it to a glove then it would be function over form.

9 Likes

My hand just can’t fit comfortably with a thumb grip, sucks to be moi

If you decide to sell it, hit me up. I’ve always wanted to try it. :wink:

@ryansinatra, get some heat shrink and then use them around crimp. Lot cleaner, convenient and safer.
https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10244?u=mishrasubhransu

The crimps are already insulated. Just an added precaution. I have heatshrink but I didn’t think it would be necessary