[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Front right side wheel took a hit against sidewalk. Sent me flying. Injury avoided thanks to flatland gloves. The truck alignment was kinda fkd up so took the trucks out and found this.

3 Likes

They have saved my skin thrice now. Fantastic gloves for the price (warranty support if you have any QC issues is top notch too).

1 Like

Glad you bring that up.

So does that mean you can smash the throttle and brake at the same time while at a red light – and then let go of the brake to… oh yeah, electric motors already have 100% torque at any RPM :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh, do they?

A tiny bit of duck-fu brings me to

electric_motor_speed_vs_torque_power

2 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10268?u=m.hboard I’m not surprised hope you’re ok.

5 Likes

@epss4 I hope you’re okay. Looks like you were going a little bit slower than I was when the same thing happened :expressionless:

2 Likes

@b264 and @epss4, were those caliber 2s?

What makes you say that?

The hanger isn’t ground down as far LoLzzz

@BruSkater mine was Caliber2, it doesn’t look like the other one is

1 Like

Is that failure common? Making a build with them right now, kinda scared, lol

To be fair, I saw cracks and didn’t get them fixed fast enough. I could have avoided that. I thought it’d be okay until the parts arrived…

1 Like

I’m just poking fun at a commonly thrown around ‘factoid’ that doesn’t take into consideration real world conditions, efficiency, and the specific contextual application. It’s like one of those fun things professors love to throw around like law when it doesn’t take into account the application. It makes more sense when one understands the many different factors at play.

Yes, electric motors have a constant torque profile that is proportional to the amperage given. The statement you made is often used in comparison between electric motors and IC engines, and it’s due to differences in how the torque/power profile presents, in turn due to the mechanical differences between electromagnetic rotation vs linear-rotational power generation.

Now when we’re talking real world, application and environment are king. In terms of our application in esk8, having constant torque would require a different control system than what we’re currently using. The fact that we’re using current based control mixed with duty-cycle/voltage variable input for speed makes the aforementioned assertion a bit less meaningful. We don’t operate on a constant current (torque) control system, it would be hell to ride if so.

This right here is exactly why I put together the soon to be released BDE Calculator, to give a bit better insight on the constant-power profile across any given duty cycle range.

Neeeeeeerrrrrrdfight me lover.

(PS: Brian agreed to be my side ho, nothing serious though)

PPS: waiting for someone with a fancy college education to come in and tell me how wrong I just got that little rant.

6 Likes

Nerd colab !!! Don’t let him in your house though dude. He’ll steal your unboxed han solo.

2 Likes

I don’t even like Star Trek but nice try

5 Likes

@M.Hboards @b264 Those are my freind trucks ! …he got a fractured skull , he was going 25mph and hit a massive hole , but he is okay now ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Scary! What kind of helmet? Any other injuries?

2 Likes

He didn’t had his helmet and no other injuries …

1 Like

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10274?u=ryansinatra

@PatRocks can I ask what you are using to secure everything to the deck? I’m at the point in my build where it’s time to start mounting and finalizing things, and I am not quite sure what to use. I know some people mount to the deck, and some mount to the enclosure

Lol, a variety of things. Carbon fiber brackets hold the batteries, 3m VHB tape holds the dual focbox enclosure, and a velcro strap holds the capacitor pack and benchwheel receiver. The strap also secures the esc wires.

EDIT: just in case you wanted advice as to mounting to deck vs enclosure:

My batteries are so heavy, their “enclosure” is their mount. Nothing else would work for that.

To answer the possible question, my thoughts are mount to DECK, protect with enclosure. @ryansinatra

1 Like