[Text Responses] No words…just pictures delete words!

Just send me a message :wink: I am working on a website

1 Like

Ohhhhhh, I am sorry I misunderstood. Maybe you should mention that then

My bad

1 Like

Yeah that could work. I’m sticking it up on my thingiverse profile soon in case anyone thinks they could do something with it.

For me, it was just a CAD exercise (I’m very new to 3D modelling) but I’m happy with the simplicity of it. I’m more happy with the Vertigo Galaxy filament I used for the print. It’s lovely !!

2 Likes

Looks nice! Make sure that it won’t deform when riding in hot weather. PLA is not good with heat.

Thanks. Little danger of that happening where I live (NW UK !)

3 Likes

What deck is this (3rd pic)?

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8042?u=mikenyc

and what are you doing up at 4am lol

3 Likes

I’m always up at 4 :money_mouth_face:

Couple of weeks ago, on Old San Antonio Rd., I hit loose pavement (someone filled a pot hole with broken pieces of road) and fractured my wrist… the dog riding the scooter is an inside joke (at my expense) :joy: since now I can’t build or ride for 5 weeks.

I’m so bored I’m just stacking enclosures on rare decks at this point lol

The Madrid Anvil (2017) Zak Maytum is for a Raptor 2 drivetrain.

I selected the 2017 Anvil because the wheelbase and relative dimensions match the stock R2 enclosure and deck more or less perfectly.

For big ESK8, the 2016 Formica Anvil is longer and has a more functional tail, if you can find one

fullsizeoutput_874

6 Likes

The bare wood one looks like a drop down. Which is that? Interesting shape.

Speaking of stacking.

5 Likes

I heard you like evo’s

7 Likes

if your pile of shame is that nice, you are hereby honorary Norcal :slight_smile:

that’s the Omen Kush, https://omenlongboards2.myshopify.com/collections/completes/products/kush-complete-01

fullsizeoutput_2028

6 Likes

it’s here for general use now. Not sure if it’s any good as I’ve not printed a full sized version of it out as yet, but everything clicks together neatly in CAD, and there’s no reason (I can think of) that it shouldn’t work. I was careful in the planning, and slow in the execution…

Would make my day to see someone use it… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8053?u=riako

:star_struck: Wow wow wooooow :ok_hand:

Edit: This deck is fµck!ng gorgeous mate !!!

3 Likes

thank you. My design for this one called for a custom jade colored carbon fiber, with an acid yellow border to match the TSG Pass and a glass hull to keep it watertight.

@Subsonic_Paul Paul Cameron got this deck very, very right.

That small blem in the CF pictured will be covered with a custom grip from @murdomeek - the vortex, second from right:

The enclosure is @eboosted with a @Kug3lis heatsink. Carbon fiber “I-Things” from my man @moon shall go up top to ensure a clean all-CF look:

IMG_0508

more to come on the drivetrain :slight_smile:

thanks again to those who’ve inspired this build; you know who you are.

12 Likes

beautiful talon :heart_eyes: makes me want to add a little color to my setup, that carbon tint is soo clean

1 Like

@Toughook what mounting hardware is it made to use and could it flex? it looks like a great design.

1 Like

Thanks.

The screw holes are 6mm, and countersunk to take a flat pan head screw. I’d use M5 or M6 bolts and inserts on underside of deck. I designed it for a relatively stiff deck that I have here in workshop so flex is not a major concern. That said there should a little possible as it’s a 5 piece segmented unit with 4 points equally spaced where flex could happen. I really need to print a full size version out and test it, so far it only exists in CAD… :slight_smile:

Would make my day if someone actually used it lol

4 Likes

How hard would it be to modify for a shorter deck?

1 Like

would be a piece of cake ! As it stands you could just use 2x ENDs and 1x MID sections, but if you need it shorter than 40cm (the combined length of those 3 sections) just let me know and I can shorten it in Fusion360…

2 Likes

Could you just as easily make it taller for a double stacked battery?

1 Like

yes, I’d just highlight the perimeter underside and extrude downwards. Standard clearance inside is 22mm (plus the height of whatever neoprene seal is used - I’m making a printable cutting template for that soon)

2 Likes