The Banshee, a first build

After endless hours of haunting me, she’s finally out. I got the urge to do this build about 8 months back. I did a lot of research before I bought all of the guts. I found what worked, what didn’t, and paid in blood (literally). For the components I used: Turnigy 6364 245 kv motor. Hobbywing/Redcat max6 8s esc, and a program card. 2×3s 5000mah lipos in series. DIYE motor mount (Amazon). Mini 3ch transmitter (eBay). Caliber 2 trucks. 100mm MBS atw’s. Arbor Axis Bamboo deck. I spent the better part of $500 to make it happen (not including the parts that didn’t work). Initially, I posted this to be on a cruiser deck. It was about 30" long, and a 25" wheel base. I ran that, and it wasn’t good. That’s where I paid in blood. The thing with so much speed and torque, is that it doesn’t mesh well with small boards with not much foot placement, or wheelbase.So I transferred everything over to my Arbor. Insane amount of difference. It feels a lot more docile, even at higher speeds. Which is what I’m used to as a skater. I wouldn’t bomb a hill with a small deck. I don’t know why I figured unleashing a screaming Banshee out of one would be smart. Truth is, I wasn’t expecting one. I figured I would have to run 8s with a 2/1 gear ratio for that to happen. But I was wrong. 6s and 12/36 was doing the job and then some. I even went back and tuned down the esc’s punch. I’m still getting used to her. Bottom line here is, if you’re considering if a build is worth it, absolutely. And second, don’t be afraid to blow the dust off that safety gear. You’re not in Kansas anymore, Dorthy.

3 Likes

Banshee is the name of a commercial board by Predator

2 Likes

Its also the name of a race quad Yamaha used to make. Regardless, its a project name. Not like I’m going into production with it. Lol

8 Likes

it’s a decent name, so who gives a damn

2 Likes

those Yamaha banshee’s are crazy lookin!!

3 Likes

They were fast too!!

2 Likes

Same engine used in the RZ350… last of the two smoke street bikes… thing sounded like a swarm of angry bees.

2 Likes

If anything @PredatorBoards should take it as a compliment for choosing a cool name :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Too bad the production Banshee is silent. The reason it’s called the Banshee is because I scream every time someone emails me to ask if it runs on FOC.

1 Like

Soooo… does it run on FOC? Hahaha sorry, I had to. I didn’t know you guys made a model called the Banshee. No plagiarism intended.

Lol it’s not like I own the word. I could care less.

1 Like

Thats because your name is not Frank :slight_smile:

7 Likes

soooooo true Ahem…AhemVesc…Ahem

1 Like