The Battering Ram | ThreeSix Downhill Topmount | Dual 6355 190kv | 10s4p Samsung 30Q | Caliber II

My rock is comfortable damn it :grinning:

2 Likes

ey I can’t blame ya, rocks are pretty nice if setup right.

1 Like

Mine has a big screen and a shiatsu chair. @longhairedboy’s mom come by once a week with yoo-hoo and pop-tarts :grinning:

4 Likes

Ok, I thought you had the old style. I am also using the new solid ring on my TB 218 trucks and they are holding very well. The trick with those is to back out the bottom and forward set screws and then tighten the top and back set screws to force the ring tight against the bottom and front sides of the hanger. Then tighten the front set screw and then tighten the top set screw. Also my clamps did not slide over the hanger until I filed the ridge down that ran along the center of the bottom of the hanger, making the bottom of the hanger flat.

2 Likes

Oh, I think that makes sense. Does it basically distribute more force along the walls of the clamp?

I’ll give it a try on my current clamp (which sadly lost a screw or two) and see how that turns out.

If your hanger has a ridge running along the center on the flat side, it could cause the clamp to be less solid. More surface contact the better. And you definitely need to have all 4 set screws.

I’m using Calibers, so I don’t have that weird ridge. As for the set screws, I’m going to go to Fastenal this weekend and get a new set screw and some Torx hardware while I’m there.

Update: just got the FOCBOXs and remote but still waiting on the BMS. I’m super busy but once things die down I think I’ll start on the battery pack.

College happened so I haven’t been able to work. Here’s the finished battery pack. If anybody sees some issue with the way it’s wired, please let me know so I can fix it.

Looks very tidy but you will need more than one layer of nickel on the series connections. At least 3 is a start or using 2 14awg silicone wire

Are you sure? I’m actually using 0.016 x 1/2 inch brass bar here, so I think it can handle more current than the nickel strips that people are using.

Using an ampacity chart I found on google, 0.4mm thick copper and 12mm wide should handle around 60a. Which sounds pretty good to me as it’s unlikely you will draw that continuously.

My bad I thought it was just normal nickel strip