The Biohazard: Jet Spud 29" 10S3P 107 Flywheels dual 6355

Well check this out, I was also suprised, even with the longest wheelbase position.

10 Likes

Exactly… It has a surprisingly usable tail… In my opinion it’s just nice for esk8, any more and it’s just a waste.

Such a great looking little board. Thanks for the great build thread and the replys.

2 Likes

Damn I was thinking of trying to find a jet potato for the kick tail but the more this thread goes on the more I’m leaning towards the Spud.

1 Like

Contact @jlabs he has a bundle deck and enclosure

The Jet Spud and Potato are the same model, just different name (to my understanding).

I will have 8 full kits available mid next month. It will include everything for you to make a Jet Spud Build and you can pick single 6374 or dual 6355. PM me to get on the waiting list. This is sort of the unofficial announcement. Oh yes. And I changed my profile pic. I figured it was about time.

Details: 29” Jet Spud, @eboosted enclosure, 11s3p battery, trucks, motor mounts, pulleys, belts, FOCBOX, motors, and remote. It will have everything you need. Only 8 available for the first run.

8 Likes

The only reason I haven’t yet is I see your darth maul build and think I want that instead :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Or the LaCroix board, but I’d be more worried about maneuvering around people (I work in a downtown area).

I’ll probably get both eventually but the Spud seems like a good first build.

1 Like

I also use the jet Spud at the maximum wheels base position and the tail is still usable. I feel confident at really low speed for sharp turns although I have tried better tail that are easier to play with at higher speed. At least for my ability.

Just seen this thread. What an amazing board ! Love the details and and colours. Makes me realise I really need to learn all the other stuff that comes with esk8 building… this board is an inspiration :slight_smile:

Your board looks better than any factory/branded board I’ve ever seen. Good job !

1 Like

@Eboosted wow that IS actually functional I think you’ve sold me on one :slight_smile:

So, I was using one of those USB extenders to make it easier to reach it to update settings, but the Focbox power wires were pushing the USB extender plug down until the female port from the ESC broke and shorted the phase wires inside the ESC.

20180615_203435

Do not use USB extenders if they are near power wires.

8 Likes

Ouch! I’m so glad BT modules allows settings to be changed. I used to use extenders as well

1 Like

None of my Bluetooth devices us working, not sure what’s going on

Question about your motor mount, you said you used the TB mount with a custom clamp, do you think the regular TB clamp will work?

very curious about your clamps! I cannot for the life of me get it straight on the trucks and align motor pulley and wheel pulley… :confused: either my belt slips to the wheel or the other side, but it’s never spot on and it bothers me a lot!

Are you talking about the hanger clamps?, Well I have the same issue.

The best way to align them is to install a crossbar

Yes that’s what I’m talking about. No crossbar: I have a single motor setup… I guess I’ll have to fiddle around with the alignment. Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

I’m really hoping to make a Spud now, your Biohazard is sick & is perfect for a short esk8 board - what BMS/Anti-Spark/Charger setup did you go with?

Your build is so beautiful. Way to advertise for your enclosure. I wanted a spud build as soon as I saw this.

3 Likes

Alan is an esk8-build-GOD.

1 Like