The Darth Maul: Sector 9 Bintang, dual 6374s, FocBoxes, 12S4P, torqueboards 218mm trucks

Yeah I expect mine to peel as well. Thought about real CF but ended up cancelling the order for it and I think I’ll just paint it black when the vinyl starts to peel off. Real CF is too much work for me hehe, all those layers of resin and stuff…

What is the width of the belts?

Do you happen to know what was causing the breaks to lock before comeing to a dead stop. I am having same problem right now and can’t figure it out. Thanks

Are you runing ackmaniac FW? what are your battery min and motor min current values?

So, I’m revamping my Darth Maul.

The carbon fiber look vinyl started to peel and it looked like crap, so I removed it and made a real carbon fiber layer, shit this thing is expensive but it was worth it.

I’ll replace some hexagons of the grip tape, will paint the enclosure and replace all bolts with brand new ones, it’d be like a mayor car service.

16 Likes

What type of resin did you use? And did you vacuum bag it?

How is 12s FOC holding up? Any issues?

No vacuum bag, just old hand made :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

2 Likes

Nice looks great

1 Like

Super, Alan! :+1::grinning:

call me @Eboosted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

thanks for the inspiration bro!

12 Likes

New build?

Amazing job brother!

I suggest you stick also grip tape in the nose and tail, I’d make it look even better.

1 Like

I had some issues, to tell the truth, I don’t remember what the issues were, so I went to BLDC mode and rode for some time, now I went back to FOC and it’s performing pretty good so far.

will do! thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to vinyl wrap my board too. What do you think made it not stick well? You think sanding it first with some sand paper would help?

1 Like

When running two ESC’s, do you divide the battery max in half? Max cont. discharge for 4P Samsung 30Q is 60A. Would you put 30 per focbox or 60? (Wouldn’t ever go dual 60A on batteries :laughing:)

1 Like

Sorry for all these individual replies I’m slowly making my way through this tread and I’m in awe :smiley: My idea for the wrap was to do the edges, but do a part on the top of the deck also, and then put the grip tape over that so that the wrap would dissappear under the grip tape and hopefully hold better? Do you think doing this would fix the peeling issue?

1 Like

@Eboosted

have you had any issues funning FOC on 12s long term?

No. All wraps will peel over a short period of time. You need to paint it or make a real layer of carbon fiber