The Demon aka Beelzeboard >> Bludgeon w/ x2 FoxBox, TB 6374 190kv, Surf Rodz TKP, 6 Shooters, 10s4p

I’m using 80mm axles in this one BTW.

1 Like

OK I assumed so, these trucks seem very underrated… Why is like no one running this

1 Like

I honestly couldn’t say, they are absolutely my favorite trucks. Almost as stable as RKPs at high speed (30 mph +) and the carviest trucks I’ve ever ridden. The bushing seat is perfect for geometry changes by using tall or street bushings, okus make them as wide or short as you want by changing axles.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Dibs. Give me those

3 Likes

Looks nice, essentially the same method I’m using other than I’m using @psychotiller mounts. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Yeah I’m just making my own clamp atm

1 Like

If you need more width you can make the ‘clamp’, for lack of a better word, ride the axle with a 10mm slot as if they were spacers then the hex that slides into the hanger. Could even make it press fit as the spacers and then the wheel will tighten everything down and won’t allow it to back out when the axle is tightened.

1 Like

I think the way I’ve done it already is good but always room for improvement. I’ll show how it clamps etc. Later but the motor isn’t mounted inline with the end of the hanger. But 5mm further out

So there’s a lot of space for motors

That’s cool, I thought you wanted to use 80mm motors so I figured if hypothesize a little :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah I think I have room for actual 6384 motors too. I don’t think I want to run that but I like the option

1 Like

I just received my Surf Rodz tkp and psychotiller’s tkp mounts last week. Just eyeballing the hangers and mounts, it looks like the clamps will need to be spread apart or possibly hammered down, they definitely don’t slide on without force. Was that your experience?

You want them pretty tight, keeps everything straight. I used a big socket and a rubber mallet, just lightly tamp the clamps down onto the hanger until they are in the correct position. The correct position is defined by lining up the grub screw in the clamp with the grub screw on the hanger. You can then use loctite on the clamp grub screw to split the threads between the hanger and clamp. It will absolutely never move.

Awesome, thanks! I’m fine forcing them on, just wanted to double check before busting out the rubber mallet.

1 Like

No worries, glad to help. these are my favorite trucks ever made, I cant imaging enjoying anything more. Glad to see more folks using them. What wheels are you using?

1 Like

Putting these on a kicktail deck, so 85mm caguama’s in 77a. Haven’t ridden tkp trucks in years, should be fun

1 Like

@mmaner the name of your board reminds me of this vid.

1 Like

Ahhhhh, I haven’t seen that and I’m a huge Primus fan :grinning:. Noice link.

1 Like

2 Likes

They’re actually the best band of our gen imo. I’ve traveled to see them. Love all their work. Really dig some of Les’ side projects like duo de twang. BIG UPS FOR PRIMUS :star_struck:

1 Like