The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

Wondering for a way to get rid of the thermal epoxy or is that not possible? noob question ps love the debate here and kinda feel on @Hummie side due to his transparency and track record

Iā€™d like to know too. I just did 10-12 miles on 10s on my hub motors and they heated up a very good amount. I had to stop at one point and let them cool down. I have a thermal gun but I didnā€™t bring it with me. I think they still work but idk how many more runs they have in them.

I have run many inrunners to the point of where thy could boil water on them, and they have always lasted a long valiant life, but on a longboard where I put my life on the line, I would want motors that are maybe 40C max.

Please excuse my drama. I shouldnā€™t get emotional and weā€™re all just on a chat site.

Sorry all of urs are blue. Iā€™ll send u all another set for 100$. I really shouldā€™ve tested before doing them all! Sorry for the extra cost. You canā€™t remove it.

But ride it and even if it gets hot, and loses some efficiency there, they still have a lot of power just not for long periods. I really like them even though theyā€™re blue. I still havenā€™t gotten around to trying a blue-free motor but just glued some up

But please ride them and tell me what happens. Iā€™ve been learning how to put them together with retaining fluid on all surfaces and some of yours I did lessā€¦and some people, everyone, doesnā€™t have the thin purple spacer in the motor. I now am putting them in. It makes e motor easier to put together and assures the bearings a more secure position laterally. So ur in for the unknown there and itā€™d be nice to get your feedback with these high heat motors as theyā€™re a good test since they get hot.

But donā€™t worry about the heat and ride them!! If u have an infrared thermometer or not. Iā€™ve hit 220 and 170 often. Thatā€™s a lot hotter than feels too hot to touch.

1 Like

what kind of speeds are people getting with 10s? I will be running a 10s4p pack and wondering what to expectā€¦ really wanna test these _if I just had a freakin VESC

Ever wish you could just quit the day jobā€¦so damn close!!! Trucks are here, unchecked ESCā€¦and 7s battery packā€¦just need epoxy

3 Likes

do you have the ā€œblueā€ hubs?

@Hummie Do u have any hub motors left im looking for just a single for a penny board build

Iā€™ve been riding the unadulterated (non-blue) motors the last two days. The good news and the bad news.: My testing of the different motors ( 100kv, N45sh magnets, .4mm airgap; 80kv, blue thermal motors, N50m mangnets, .5mm airgap; 90kv, N50m, .5mm airgap) isnā€™t so scientific and the unscientific results are continuing for the next hour!:slight_smile:

So far itā€™s showing that all end up with similar heat except the 90kv seem to rocket up hills faster than any of them ( u all have 80kv). My test of seeing the temp a tthe top of my local hill isnā€™t so good because I can get up there so fast with these motors.

Racing myself to the beach and back and see what temp I hit now

The bearings Iā€™m disappointed becaus rim getting s bit of seizing even at only 150f and it could be that little spacer! Or not. Iā€™m learning myself here and want to go steel and pressed bearings with .4mm airgap and the high temp magnets. That would be the machine that will have no problems. I also have a little rattle with these new unblue ones Iā€™m riding. Disapointing. As long as ur aluminum side is secure though itā€™s steel on steel and ok as I say. Thatā€™s the somewhat bad news, the other bad news is Iā€™m retracting the offer of 100$ for a pair of these aluminum ones if u already bought a set of the blue. Theyā€™re too similar and u wonā€™t notice much if any temp difference. I canā€™t be losing money on these and I am left and right. But butā€¦anyone who buys a set at the 300$ cost or already got a set Iā€™ll sell u a set of the all steel pressed bearings with the .4mm airgap and N45sh magnets( they hit 300f) at the manufacturers cost which theyā€™re now saying is 65.50$ That machine will be Solid. Bit heavier but thereā€™s more important things

Seems someone has taken my design and run with it. I shouldnā€™t have maybe said so much as the manufacturer is had other people asking for my motors and theyā€™re saying they will alter the design and sell them!! Wow and theyre barely tested. The goal is a solid ā€¦sollllidā€¦motor which can hit high temp no problem and wonā€™t suffer from thermal expansion or retaining fluid issues. Steel is the answer to a lot more power and solving all mechanical issues.

I hope u guys are into this and we can head this direction down the road. The aluminum rock and mine are going strong ā€¦bit of rattle and a max temp of 200f I donā€™t like though.

so wait, you manufacturer ripped your design or is producing it without your consent? Dude hope you get some loyalties out of this.

Hopefully I get some loyal customers who want a bomb-proof design like me.

Royalties? I donā€™t have patents and itā€™s China! My goal is to get something solid produced and sell it cheaper than everyone. And get a set myself!

Anyone who gots these please remember this is experimental and weā€™ve rushed into it and weā€™ve gone, regrettably, with aluminum. Itā€™s the root of all the issues and questions. These issues and questions are really my own since no one has put their cents in after riding these really.

The latest issue, with my new non-blue motors, when one gets above 150 the bearings are being compressed (thermal expansions of aluminum so high likely) and Iā€™m going to the machine shop to get it opened and see if itā€™s because it has the tiny shim. Who knows and really even when I do find out I know itā€™s rooted in the compromise of using aluminum. I could go on and on about how aluminum isnā€™t good for these.

1 Like

Btw I double check my chinese hub motor metal material, I have to confirm its mostly aluminium. Only the stator are magnetic, the rest doesnt seems to be attracted by magnets.

Im Definately doing a GoPro video really soon and show the power these motors have.
People who bought these already and havenā€™t put them together or are on the fence about getting these and concerned If u get a set of these at 150$ a set, with rubber, you get them and if at anytime ur not happy with how they performā€¦ill sell u the steel set for 150. They are sold for 65$ to me and I still have the expense of the rubber and time. Thereā€™s no scam here just trying to get me those steel motors. The aluminum ā€¦ U will see in the video. Ultimately we want not just the rotor steel, which it is, but also the purple piece in the center which is now aluminum to be steel as well. All steel we can have the bearings pressed, as theyā€™re supposed to be, not me using retaining fluid and a tight slide fitting, a steel shaft is what is needed to not have to think twice. U could even just mount them with loctite then and I wouldnā€™t think twice. Who is riding these besides me!? Things take time I know and even now I just broke down again. Hope itā€™s my receiver connection. It went away when I hot glued the plug but itā€™s back: one motor shutting off and on Iā€™m waiting to see what the minimum quantity they will do of the steel

1 Like

Received mine today. Check my build log.

If anyone can help me to get my second vesc to resign to the transmitter Iā€™ll take the day off and rent a GoPro and try to outdo guidos camera work tomorrow.

Just got an email from Amanda, she says she has some hub motors for skateboards I might be interested in! Looks like your factory is rooting you in the butt @hummie

http://www.brotherhobby.cn/goods/show-245.html

1 Like

I got your motors today @Hummie they look nice. I will call you tomorrow. Sucks that your factory is selling to other people.

Not the best photo, donā€™t have good lighting here at night.

2 Likes

HOLY SHIT!! WTF!! :scream::thumbsdown:

that is how china works! you gotta be smart about who you deal withā€¦

Wow. They told me they had interest and were going to alter the design but instead they sought you as a customer? Wow. Doesnā€™t look altered. And then whatā€¦run it with duct tape tire? Iā€™ll have to ask them whatā€™s up.
None the less I want it in steel and pressed bearings

Amanda is the new girl they passed me on to and they fired the old girl