The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

Wow, so am assuming that the stator will by that much longer as well, or will it just be empty space?

Yea bigger motor. 4770 stator not 4725 stator. Thatā€™s the point.

Htownbomber the motors are only mounted on one side though. That thing looks mounted on both.

Sounds interesting. However, that is almost three times the lam stack height of the previous iteration. Do you plan on making it a single drive? Also, how is the rubber overmold coming? Iā€™m really interested in this version and hope it pans out well.

Overlooked that partā€¦ thatā€™s pretty rad hummie, those things are going to be powerhouses for sure. Have always prefered bigger wheels for the ride quality, however if wider wheels can compare to my 107ā€™s, may just have to hit you up for a set of these badboys. In the chance that I do, would you set them up on some roja hybrid trucks for me?

@hummie I could just complete the 8mm bore out the other side and slot a keyway into the shaft / hole to prevent the stator from rotating. Or hell, I could just drill an identical hole (8mm, fine-threaded at the end) on the other side and screw the axles in before fixing them to my back bracket. The stator tube would be locked in place because it would always tighten against one side or the other depending on rotation.

almost 3x more stator yes, and a lot more magnet and wire this timeā€¦ a single goofy asymetric is the goal. I think itā€™s enough but two for maniacs

htownbomber what youā€™re doing, which reminds me of others who want to convert it for bike use, sounds like a lot of work. I dont know and cant advise you on doing what youre saying but if you want to do itā€¦go for it.

I can get these on roja trucks but things are experimental and I havent tried those trucks. If the axle is well fixed like a typical axle, cast in the hanger or somehow well fixed it shouldnā€™t be a problem.

I find the long wheel smooths things our really well as apposed to a bigger diameter

the car tire rubber should be here in a month. Nitrile and hydrogenated nitrile. 80 duro.

http://bradenboards.com/shop/#!/Rojas-Hybrids-129-145mm/p/34929951/category=8944070

They make a real narrow hanger that might be perfect for this, for duals that is. Would still have to shorten both sides a lot though.

They arenā€™t really typical axles, the only cast part is the middle block section, the rest is solid steel.

wow expensive trucks and I dont get a deal on those but if you want me to get you a set at retail and mount one or two motors to them i would. I imagine the axle is well stuck in there so wont be a problem. Those are short axles and maybe people are into the symmetry but Iā€™d rather have them stick out and have room under the deck than try to squeeze motors with shorter axlesā€¦ No higher deck wanted so they will go on either paris 195 or 180 or a combination and thats the extent of concessions I want to make for wheel symmetry. But as I say if you want to do smaller trucks I can do them really.

180mm plus a dual setup of your new motors at 110mm would be 400mm in total width, that is 100mm wider than my setup with 107mm abecs on them. That is way too wide for me. 350mm in width with the 129mm hangers would still even be really wide, but a little more livable.

How will you do a single set up if your not worried about symmetry? An extra 50mm sticking out one side would drive me nuts!

Still canā€™t wrap my head around 110mm wide wheels. Just seems crazy too me! The power capabilities sounds wonderful though!

i was just looking at it again and just putting a tire beside the motor on my board and its pretty wacky looking no doubt. funny because it still doesnā€™t look electric just weird. but how will it handle and perform solo? Iā€™m excited to find out.

actually Iā€™m in the last moments in the back and forth with the manufacturer brotherhobby and they keep doing the drawing wrong with the skate axle going way deep inside, much longer than a skate axle normally could go. I was thinking of doing it deep and somehow having the skate hanger cut. How hard is it? I know a lot of people have done it for adding a pulley that holds an extra be. but structurally I donā€™t think it would make a difference and theres always going to be the same leveraged at the end of the motor on an 8mm hanger. which will probably be fine. but if I cut it and had it more recessed itā€™d be less distance. Iā€™ve never ridden such a huge span from wheel to end of wheel but Iā€™m open to it, but at this last moment i can still get them to make the hole deeper and then Iā€™d cut down the hanger aluminum to expose a longer axle on one side. What you think? itā€™d be more than an aesthetic concession and really the handling would be more normal for sure. one long 50mm span on one side might be weird or it might be really nice. ccould cut the hanger downā€¦40mm. Iā€™m liking that idea more and more. as long as it wonā€™t hit the board, but then it might start at that point. has to fit my board dropped thru and let me turn with the trucks as loose as can be.

For a single set up it would be ideal to shave down one side of the hanger and make it symmetrical, when something sticks out that far from normal you just know your going to catch it on somethingā€¦and it looks goofy. From what I have read it is not hard on most trucks to do. For someone doing a dual setup it would be easier to just get a narrower truck and save the mods.

What about just keeping the design you have the same but making the inner threads go way deeper? This way if you wanted to use it as a single you could modify one side of the truck hanger and make some more threads on the axle, and if someone wanted to do a dual set up they could just get a narrower hanger and use the very same motor design, their axle would just not use all the extra internal threads.

1 Like

it would be nice to have it optional but then youā€™d have to cut threads on the axle 50mm down if you wanted to recess it into a lot of threads.
it has to be one or the other. then again this is just this 8 motors and could change it. how hard is it to cut down the hanger? if itā€™s easy to do then Iā€™ll do that but it canā€™t be too easy. If only itā€™s easy.

Yea, maybe easier to just have specific motors for dual or single.

Someone who has actually done it may be able to answer you better on how easy it is. From what I remember you can press the axle out, cut the hanger and than press the axle back in, but this requires a press of some sort, or you can put it in a lathe and tool the aluminum down. What I would do without a machine shop at my disposal is hack saw a nice straight cut through the cast aluminum all the way around the inner axle being carful not to cut the axle, than take a pair of vicegrips or put in a vice and twist the excess off, apply heat if necassary. In my head it would workā€¦

Dremel cut around the hangar down to the axel, then single cut lengthwise down the axel so easy to vise grip or shiv off with screwdriver even. There is a short video example at bottom of this page if have not come across it

http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/12mm-wide-pulley-drive-hub-kit/

id rather rent a lathe. gunna add 30mm more threading at the end as you said wanderer and it will be universal. Iā€™ll have to lathe the hanger down the 30mm and also add 30mm extra threading to the axle.

Nice.

So your going to live with an extra 20mm sticking out on the motor side? Wont be as noticable at least.

The motor is 103mm long actually so not quite double long. With the further threading inside the motor will now either stick out 47mm from the other or none as I did the internal threading 60mm long, just fits :grinning:

1 Like

No more polyurethane and the nitrile car tires are a good fit! These things will last and do up to 275f no problem. Smells good like new sneaks. Also the long motor rubber is here already and u can see the size.

The big motors and all the rubber will be here in a couple more weeks. Excited to ride one solo and see how it handles. 150% the power of the two smaller The threading in the bigger motors will be deeper but Iā€™m not doing it far enough to be equidistant on the outside just on the

inside. Want it out from under the deck so one wheel will stick out. Still think itā€™s gunna look cool solo `

19 Likes

Cool man. These in a dual set up would make quad motors unnecessary.

When i get back into things next year iā€™m definitely going to be hitting you up!