The non boosted stealth board | First build | Hummie Hubs and Deck | Focbox unity | 12s3p | Psyco enclosure | Nano x

The time has come for me to do my first build. I have been consuming all the info I could on this wealth of information and somehow became a regular without ever riding a diy board let alone build one :thinking:. For my first build I was looking for a stealthy board that goes at least 30 mph and has a ton of torque. Range is not that big of a factor for me because I only need to go 4 miles to go to school, work and back home. I would love to go on group rides and figure I would when I have a half decent board. Here are the parts if you didn’t already read the title.

Hummie Hubs v4

Focbox unity

Hummie Deck

HyperIon Systems 12s3p with a charge only bms

Psycotiller Enclosure - Psychos Arc v2

Enertion Nano-X

I am currently waiting on a few things but I will post pictures and some videos when everything gets here.

10 Likes

Sounds like fun, can’t wait to see the progress.

1 Like

Ok, I plugged everything in and it works which is great. The Charlie horse is not the deck that im using. My @Hummie deck has not come and I got a CH from the landyachtz mystery box so I threw everything on there. I am also still waiting for my @psychotiller enclosure. I can’t wait to get this up and running!

4 Likes

I couldn’t wait so I used a metric shit ton of duct tape and went out and gahdam does this thing have a unbelievable amount of torque. I slowly stepped up the amps and to my surprise I got to 45, -30 battery and 45, -45 motor. I am nervous to go past that but eventually I will. I let some of my friends try it on new years. 20181231_235136

Today I went to the beach and I was passing cars on the road! I thought I would have speed wobble going the speeds that I was going because I kept the trucks decently loose but I didn’t have any! I can’t wait to get back on the road and ride this thing. 20190101_144320 20190101_144307
I want to thank this great community for making this dream of mine come true!

5 Likes

Ok so I have all of the parts but I have run into a few issues… first off the battery’s bms is mounted on top of the battery so the enclosure doesn’t go all the way down :frowning:. So I sent the battery back to @hyperIon1 so the bms can be put next to the battery.20190122_074753 Then I was going to put the inserts into the deck, I had everything taped off and ready to go… then this happened…20190126_131402 I am going to try to get some stainless steel inserts now. Hopefully those work better.

3 Likes

When the battery comes back to you it will look like this and will be the new standard for the bms issue of placement ( exterior of the pack and can be put in two positions without disconnect ) this will improve pack quality, with visual inspection and a bms that is outside the pack can be changed out very easy with only two wires and a 10-12 pin jst 20190122_001642 20190123_033531 20190127_004018 20190127_004005 20190127_004012 20190123_033601

5 Likes

Seriously BAD ASS Doug image Can I intrest you in a helmet to go with that death machine? plaese 03%20AM

6 Likes

Ok, but will the charge port still be attached or will I have to solder it back on? Thanks and I really need to change my profile pic.

I will get with you once it comes in to verify everything you need, I can set it up how you need it.

1 Like

isn’t this a lil much…? is this combined or per side?

I’m not sure but I set the battery to 50 max on the unity app and -25 so I think it is combined but I am not sure. Can someone tell me if this is too much? If so what should I set it to?

1 Like

Ok so I finished finally but it has been raining the past couple days so Im stuck inside but I went up to San Francisco where it was perfect out and I took it for a spin! 20190217_161133 The ride was incredible compared to the old deck that I had with the duck tape and my single motor shoertboard. Everything was awesome until I got to a stop before the hill and the braking was really bad. There was a grinding noise and it took a while to come to a stop. I immediately got off and took a look at the motors and spun them to see if the sand/rock that I thought was stuck inside the motor ans found out the motor became unplugged from the unity. The wires on the hubs I got are really short but if I arrange them straight instead of crossed it should be fine. When I got back I only went down 25% from 8 miles with hills and lots of wind. I cant wait to get this back out on the road! Here are some more pics, 20190212_174423 20190212_183630

7 Likes