The Racers Room

Racing on open streets sounds terrifying.

1 Like

We had an absolute whale of a time in Paris, with Street and AT races. It was more of a chill weekend than a true competitive one (even though the prizes were good), with only a couple of true competitive teams (Trampa Boards and StreetWing).

We’ll do this again next year and, even though we had a small US presence, it would be awesome to have more of you around here. I, for one, would like to see a Stooge board in the flesh! :wink:

1 Like

Oh hey again, just replied to you on another thread haha.

I wish I could have made it. Colorado was fun but Paris looked much better organized and with more attendees. I can’t wait to meet more internationals!

1 Like

Paris is definitely on the table for 2020. There is an uphill race in Denmark. SRB will be represented there with @davidbonde on deck. Hope Europe can rally to the first ever uphill racing event. ![IMG_20190717_061940|423x500(upload://j54P1egEbOONdiPVfxcKUy5NGiO.jpeg)

4 Likes

If Paris next year is not right in the middel of my family vacation I will be there for sure. Unfortunately you guys in the south have your summer vacation later than us here in the north. So it might be a problem again :slight_smile:

2 big races coming up in back to back weekends! Tour de Maryhill August 30 - September 1, and then the BAESK8 Cannonball September 6-8.

I’m checking with the Maryhill Ratz on the exact day of the uphill race. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

5 Likes

Wonder no more. Fastest stand up board time EVER at Maryhill belongs to @JAYSTCB uphill on SRB esk8 2:58

7 Likes

Definitely set a record. It is absolutely amazing to be able to get downhill speeds and times on an uphill board #stoogeraceboard. I love this sport and can’t wait to do it again. Thank you Moe B Stooge for giving me the opportunity to smash Maryhill on your Stooge Race Board.

That event was timed by International Downhill Federation (IDF) and to put in this uphill time into prospective.

The fastest luge time was 2:57:53 Ryan Farmer

The fastest DH open skate time was 3:01:03 Dane Hanna

The fastest Woman’s Skate was 3:03:82 Emily Poss

The fastest Masters Skate time was 3:05:68 Kyle Martin

3 Likes

Pic of eSk8 podium and mention of eSk8 record time recorded by International Downhill Federation (IDF) at Maryhill Tour De Maryhill. :sunglasses::+1:

8 Likes

@sofu

Congratulations to the winners for the Cannonball Race yesterday! Everybody’s official times here: Thank You from the Cannonball Committee 🙏. Picture of the first place winners for each category (Gabriel Staples, Gal Thompson, Antonio Vargas and Jesse Garnier). Fastest time was 16 minutes and 52 seconds by RION Racing!

3 Likes

I have an arrive and race situation available for a capable rider to race the Lancaster CA night races this weekend that will attract 30 to 35,000 spectators. The ride is a Stooge raceboards build on a Red Ember deck. You need to be comfortable at 50 mph to ride this board but race speeds are unknown till we try the track and conditions.

Update: Looks like Tim Dell will be racing the board

6 Likes

Uphill esk8 Racing this Sunday Southern California

4 Likes

Sportsman Class. Diy and production board. From Apple Valley Speedway Kenny Spencer helmet Cam

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Open Track Day + Race Event | Apple Valley Speedway - May 8th 2021

http://maryhillratz.com/

E-Board and PEV for up-Hill is approved. Uphill race in the works. :checkered_flag: More to come on this Get your spot reserved. July 1 10am. PST

1 Like

More info coming on this. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4842984279051963&id=100000213150861

1 Like

Ah man that causes some insecurities.

you build your board it’s 10s it’s all nice and then some guy says uphill race and you’re like DAM! I should of went 16s 8kw >.<!

very cool tho I guess most of us would lay back at about 18mph anyways right?

It’s all good on 8s :+1:

2 Likes

If I get a show of demand I will make a few 8S2P Spim08hp packs for people that get some of your Stooge Race Boards

1 Like

SOS 5 race Points Series with one throw out. Race #2 -5 will still put you in contention for the points championship :checkered_flag: see you Sunday

https://facebook.com/events/s/esk8-sos-2/420506032950548/