The Skaters Eskate (strength through simplicity)

My man @squishy654 how are those akasha wheels?

I picked up a set of 80mm 83a HarFang otangs, but was considering the akasha’s. Was a bit taken back as they are inset.

• how is pulley fitment with the rear of the wheel being deeper?
  • if you have kegels on hand, how much farther in on the truck does the inset put them comparatively?
  • 79a are they soft and squishy or harder then the 80a otangs?

Thanks doood.

I’m on the hunt for this too :slight_smile:

Just mill into the deck so the battery’s are half sunk in, and use some slide rails… Like ripbones…

1 Like

Looks like they quickly went out of stock after my build went up, but Muirskate offers a “cut” version of the wheel making it a center-set…this is the version I used and it allowed more room for the pulley and a smaller wheel over all…

they are similar in duro feel to the kegal, just stone ground so it’s hard to compare them, they thane rolls nice and fast, I like them on the electric…

2 Likes

Gotcha I was looking at the original uncut akasha’s with 57mm contact patch on

https://www.thanestore.com/collections/longboard-downhill-wheels/products/ahmyo-akasha

For as cheap as they are I may just pick up a set to see.

Thanks dood

1 Like

yeah I would, they are totally worth a try…just watch out for rocks if you got complacent on larger wheels, lol

3 Likes

Lol still DH with 64mm’s at high speeds. But I’ll keep my eye out :wink:

1 Like

Looks like @BoostedBuilder bought the rest of the wheels lol.

2 Likes

. 20000mah @8s Lipo T-6 aluminum with one inch of drop from the bottom of the deck… 660 watt hr. You can slide on that.

8 Likes

ahaha got them directly from Ahmyo! they are some really nice wheels : )

1 Like

Cool. Good to know! When the time comes, i shall investigate purchasing from them.

Whoa, what are those trucks?? Are they some sort of suspension truck? I’ve never seen anything like it.

Awesome build! Great deck choice!

20180615_202046

20180615_144911

3 Likes

New deck swap for the double kick, a tiny bit longer, bigger tails and a nice rocker to it feels like a tub…7 ply instead of 9 on the Jet…same trucks and wheels but planning on dropping on a 12s4p Panasonic with new enclosure.

20180824_194210

20180902_075539

3 Likes