The Stars and Stripes | Painted Blank Deck | Caliber II 50 | Dual 63X4 | Custom Mount | 10s 18650 | VESC

I am running dual rear 6354’s on my Vanguard build. All I had to do is take a dremel and grind off a small amount of the shaft that sticks out. Works perfectly.

@Namasaki is doing a battery build using the basen cells. Ill probably do one in the future too when i get tired of my lipos.

I wanted to use 6374’s, and that’s why I was worried about length. After the pictures and information above from @Mobutusan, I decided that dual 6374s would never work, but 6354s would always be just fine. I ended up just going with @torqueboards’s 6354s.

I’m just finishing up my battery pack, motor mount, and soldering up my VESC. I just got the last of my parts this week, and then the pictures start going up :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve been following his build. It’s looking fantastic! I found a great deal on Samsung 25R’s and so I opted for them.

2 Likes

@rpn314 Awesome! Thanks for the timeline. Placed an order for one tonight.

How is the deck holding up? I’m thinking if getting the Blank Freeride Longboard (almost Loaded Vanguard clone) but I wanna make sure it’ll last me.

I haven’t had any issues with it. I’ve bounced around on it (obviously) and I’ve probably ridden 40 or so miles on it, probably about 30 of which were powered (I rode around a bit before I had my battery pack finished and everything mounted).

So how many ply did you actually get? It says 7 ply is stock and 8 or 9 ply you pay extra.

I’m fairly certain it was 7. It’s kind of covered in paint right now, so It’s a little difficult to tell anymore… I know I didn’t pay extra

1 Like

Ok, great thanks, I weigh 185 so and ill probably get the 8ply then to cut down on some flex.

Hey how’s the deck holding up?