"the thin line" what would you do?

back you dogs

2 Likes

Today, I wore a full face helmet while going at an average of 5mph on a meepo campus cruiser, I might hate it but helmets save lives

5 Likes

Can confirm this works 100% of the time.

Honestly I think this is kind of effective.

My SO is pretty against helmets just because she grew up not wearing one on dirt bikes, motorcycles, and ATVā€™s. So bikes and skateboards with helmets would be right out the window.

I said that wearing a helmet isnā€™t for you, itā€™s for everyone around you that cares about you. She wears one.

8 Likes

I was raised in the streets, I probably was one of those kids. Now I am the grandpa, I donā€™t wear protective gear because Iā€™m older, I wear it because Iā€™m smarter. Iā€™m also Sensei Joe, a Karate teacher that focuses on self defense using your mind not your fist. So I also wear a helmet to set an example. We must wear a helmet, things do happen to the best of us. Those kids were most likely influenced by one loud mouth and the others just followed in. You do the right thing, keep on doing the right thing. In the same way that many might think you silly, just as many will see you as wise. Thanks

4 Likes

I love getting weird looksā€¦ Itā€™s as I zoom past a pusher I hear the faint sound of ā€œlazy faaaā€¦ā€ And then just the wind again.

8 Likes

Yea, I can see that. Sometimes I think that of myself. :grinning:

I tend to skew ltowards a mixture of libertarian and liberal. I say do what you want, as long as you donā€™t hurt yourself or others, so wear that helmet.

1 Like

Ainā€™t nothinā€™ steezy 'bout a visit to a hospital burn unit. Over 25 Iā€™m in full motorcycle gear. Iā€™ve had enough falls to view slide gloves and knee pads as essential at just about any speed. Even at five or ten miles an hour, suddenly getting launched due to to an equipment malfunction, etc can really suck. I also wear hip pads, it all goes under my jeans so itā€™s really no big deal whereas getting hurt needlessly is a big deal.

4 Likes

I always gob back, this situ probz would have aimed at the main culprit and gone with something akin to

ā€œi bet your mother wishes she used protectionā€

or

ā€œIde fight ya dad but no one knows who the fuck he isā€

2 Likes

I hate those skaters. Bikers have more reasonable excuse calling us cheaters and lazy, but kick pushers are ridiculous. Majority of them are in a parking lot doing tricks and just going back and forth within a short distance. Iā€™m riding 10 miles! If they had to kick that they would get a car, thus, cheating!

5 Likes

Excuse the languageā€¦ but quoting the words of the great Eminemā€¦ I just donā€™t give a fuck!!! Call me a loser for being padded up or a cheater for figuring out how to use technology. Im enjoying myself way too much to care what someone screams. I dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuccck. Its just them screaming ā€œdamn, I secretly wish i could be having as much fun as you are!ā€

1 Like

offer them a tow, thatā€™ll change their opinions real quick. If we want eboards to be legal we need people to like them.

2 Likes

To me I think itā€™s all a different sport (in no particular order):

1. surfboarding,
  2. longboarding,
  3. Skateboarding,
  4. Snowboarding,
  5. Wakeboarding,
  6. E-boarding,
  7. Whatever Iā€™m missing

Thing is each one is similar but very, very different. None of these is lazy, getting out and being active is all itā€™s about. But E-boarding is a different machineā€¦ Sure I can have fun at home on my Switch. Riding my motorcycle around Hyrule Castle, dodging mechanical spiders with lazers, but nothing is as satisfying doing 30mph on your own ultrabeast. Built yourself and strapped or loosely griped between your feet and gravel on 4wheels. Feed and full by the copper blood that seeps from the 3 holes coming from the vains of some wall, into the tank and off a cliff we go! Thatā€™s why I E-Board. ā€œWhere a helmetā€

2 Likes

You missed Buttboarding

2 Likes

Itā€™s rare to see a trick skater with safety equipment on unless itā€™s at an event but rare to see down hill longboarders with out at least a helmet even when just riding solo. There is a reason for that, head injuries at downhill speeds will kill and we ride at downhill speeds.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s where you sit on a piece of block ice, slide down a slope, and end up on a piece of frozen shit at the bottom.

5 Likes