Theeee.... E-skate Glove!

I really like when this treads are ‘super positive’.

…yeah, the gloves from hell. :smirk:

2 Likes

actually I’m always trying to slide for fun. What happens why I lose brakes or get stuck at full throttle?, which has also happened to me, I try to run it off and get hurt. When I just fall off I don’t get hurt.

looking for video of 80duro kegels sliding is hard to find.

1 Like

Those Roamn candles loock so sick during night tme recordings. But man, do they suck. Nothing about them is fun besides the sparks.

2 Likes

Did you know that Harfangwheels customizes their Absolute 73mm - Roman Candles?

http://harfangwheels.com/shop/

1 Like

4000$
that’s what I’d use those gloves for I don’t ride with gloves except sometimes thin cotton. want to have best control of remote. I get lucky and always slide on my forearm and always wear long sleeves if not two layers. no shorts ever

1 Like

Someone on these forums uses Knox Orsa gloves and he’s able to slide a bit on the pieces that are suppose to provide scaphoid protection. However…the esk8 versions look a bit cheap compared to their motorcycle-centered counterparts.

2 Likes

Can somebody point me out on the material used on pucks ? Is it some Teflon compound ?

Edit : Someone should list the mainstream remotes w/ their sizes and weight, would be helpful. And thanks to Cobber, so it is delrin compound !

Edit² : @mmaner I found your thread from a while :

Is it possible when you get time that you update your first post with sizes for each (and include the Mini, the Benchweel and the OLED remotes) ? Sorry for the bother, but at least your thread has good info on that !

2 Likes

no wrist guard? ouch

1 Like

Not sure what is used in pucks but for motorcycle crash bobbins acetal/derelin/Pom or even abs and nylon

2 Likes

Pucks are made out of delrin

2 Likes

I used to sell slide pucks made of UHMW-PE, Delrin, and Delrin-AF (embedded with teflon)

Go with UHMW for e-skate. Lighter, much cheaper, and lasts forever. Delrin is great for tech sliding because it slides faster. But it’s denser and you need smooth roads, or it gets torn up quick. The green pucks I posted above are made from UHMW

Or the DIY cheap approach is to go to Home Depot and get some free Corian samples (used for tiling your bathroom). Cuttingboard works too but doesn’t last long

2 Likes

Received these 10 days ago, cut the fingers off(I wouldn;t bother feel is good) I bet they offer as much protection at a fraction of the price

https://www.banggood.com/Tactical-Military-Motorcycle-Bicycle-Airsoft-Hunting-Full-Finger-Gloves-For-Scoyco-MC12-CAMTOA-p-1034812.html

4 Likes

Awesome find!!i need to buy these.

1 Like

How did you find these for size? Did you go xl?

1 Like

Quite honestly surprised that Knox signed off on this… I have a almost 300 USD pair of their gloves for when I rode motorcycles in Washington state (I like to go fast) and these look nothing like what I know and expect from them

This is what I was expecting lol too lazy to get outta bed and go find my gloves

6 Likes

holy shit, that is some serious glovery :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I incidentally have a pair of handroid gloves, but they would be too cumbersome for anything but maybe an over gearing up for a speed run or such

I am going to use the Banggood gloves with wrist guards over them, the size was accurate for me, I have small hands, no jokes thank you :joy:

1 Like

My two favorite

Loaded Freeride v7 loose fit kevlar with wrist stabilization

Sector 9 lightning, more form fitting leather no wrist support. Easier to manipulate throttle as it’s like a 2nd skin fit.

5 Likes

Go safely brethren

8 Likes

w00t w00t! Looks like the full finger gloves they hinted at is going to be reality soon. Wrist protection too! And here I thought I was done spending money on any more stuff :joy:. Pictures are from Tom on FB (not sure who you are here)

image image image image image

5 Likes