Theeee.... E-skate Glove!

Todays modern DIY Esk8ter requires 30Q batteries, a TSG helmet, 107 mm Superfly wheels, Turnigy SK3 motors… and Flatland3D & Knox Armour E-skate gloves, which are regarded as the worlds first dedicated esk8 gloves.

https://flatland-3d.com/

https://www.planet-knox.com/

This… this… is exactly what I needed.

1 Like

What’s the difference with regular protected gloves ? DH gloves have pucks, right. There are also models without pucks. “Mitaine” style or “full glove” for both. So where does this model fit ?

btw I think there is a mod for either a remote adapted to a DH glove with puck, or a glove with puck worked down to get space for a remote. I don’t remember well but have seen it, should be popular for e-skateboarding too.

1 Like

they look like light weight bicycle gloves… one way or another I prefer the abrasion resistance of leather.

3 Likes

$50 for that is quite expensive. I would rather check motorcycle gloves, you can probably found some for a better price with more protection. And cut the tip of each finger if that’s what you want :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Lol… I wouldn’t wear this…haha no protection for fingers…

Loaded freeride v7 gloves ftw

6 Likes

The main reason I wear gloves is to protect my fingers, lol. I use a pair of leather summer riding gloves. Not too thick, but good enough.

4 Likes

5$ gloves from harbor freight work great… lol

3 Likes

i’m using fingerless Harbinger gloves. I don’t know why these would be any better.

2 Likes

How are these " dedicated esk8 gloves"? They look just like mountain biking gloves. You can’t even slide with them

These are e-skate gloves:

Or Carvon’s prototype… (seems like it still needs some development work, but the following post is from 6 months ago)

3 Likes

is the puck for protection if you fall or do people actually slide on their eboard? seems a hinderance. my wheels are so sticky I can barely slide and not something I try to do. I’ve got brakes. but i’m not satisfied with my remote though and liken it to playing grand theft auto with a Nintendo knob

1 Like

Apparently the Knox gloves are crap for most. :poop: …and apparently they think they are practicing another hobby… skateboarding I think. :smirk:

Lets see what other ‘positive’ reviews this tread will receive. :wink:

Lol I try not to unless I have to… It’s a sticky bumpy ride sideways :joy:

83mm flywheels in 81a classic isn’t to bad to slide on…but everything else is pretty shitty if it’s bigger

1 Like

So a standard oldschool mountaintbike glove for that price?! No thank you. Anyone who put their hands down on pavement at 40+ won’t consider this glove. Or am I wrong?

I use normal slide gloves. With a puck in 3 pieces in the remote hand to be able to grab it and a zipitie thingy that u use for your skiing ticket for when I need said hand and need to let go of the remote.

2 Likes

i just smash into a bush when i’m going too fast for a turn. Works like a champ!

17 Likes

Oh this is you @longhairedboy !?!?!

https://youtu.be/nlsi20bnv3c

10 Likes

Am I the only one using wrist guards with these things?

Been only riding pneumatics so far, so not much use for slide gloves. Think I’ll have to rely on the bush method if my brakes fail, either that or use my helmet as a slide puck.

1 Like

So what happens when you’re approaching a red light and your brakes fail? Or the board gets stuck on full auto? Happened to me. The slide puck and a heelside shutdown slide saved me from going to the hospital

Most people don’t slide their e-board because they don’t know how. Flat out. A lot of these guys can’t even push a normal board. Not trying to be an elitist, but it’s true

75A Flywheels slide fine. A little choppy until broken-in

7 Likes

both. Seper good protection during falls and for slides cuz its fun .:slight_smile:

2 Likes