Third enertion vesc failure

Here are my setting on the BLDC tool:

And as promised here are all the pictures:

From left to right: The first two vescs are from february and the last two are from august. The third one failed yesterday and the last one has not been used yet.

Same image from the other side.

These are close ups of all four of them.

Both motors. The one attached to the axle is the newest one.only a week of use.

As you can see i protected my batteries to the max.

And this the hard plastic case i use for all my vescs> It protects them while still allowing air to go through it.

1 Like

Maybe add padding?

There was bubble wrap on the bottom of the inside.

Each time I read these threads I remember why I dabbled in them and then reverted to car ESCS. They are just too damn unreliable. Lots and lots of money, hassle, PC settings, firmware confusions for what? The ablity to start your board without kicking off. I just can’t see it’s worth it unless you are a high voltage user left with few other choices.

1 Like

What ESC do you use and what is your configuration. I might have to make the switch like you did because i am tired of all these issue popping out of nowhere.

Just 12s @torqueboards esc

1 Like

or @barajabali 12S at a great price.

EZRun pro 150amp car esc, 6S (I’ve kept clear of high voltage due to high battery and esc costs)

What motor do you use and does it have enough torque with 6s? That was my main concern when i thought of switching to a low voltage set up.

Personally started off with 10S, can’t go backwards.

what is his VESC called? Will look into it.

It’s not a VESC. It’s a airplane or boat high voltage speed control with skateboard firmware loaded onto it. You need only a program card to do settings. Simple and robust.

HAHAHA Sorry i meant what ESC. I have been typing the word vesc so much that its automatic now. And where can i get one.

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-12s-120a-car-esc-opto-hv/

Lol… And this is the problem folks… you want me to spend the money to fix it? But your not willing too.

Everyone wants the cheapest stuff, no one takes any responsibility for faults that occur and everyone thinks its perfectly acceptable for vendors to take a loss to fix problems…

I have sent r-spec motors & batteries to vedder for testing & I program the vesc to work with our products… if you use other stuff and change the settings expect a fault.

I have a warranty. Buy it. Problem solved…

2 Likes

Lol… You didnt quote the whole sentence. Here is my sentence: Sorry i am not going to spend almost the cost of another vesc just to get mine replaced especially when i am certain it is going to fail me again.

3 Likes

sounds weird that you killed 3 vescs in a row on the exact same setup - I would start to think there is something funky with the rest of your gear. maybe very long/thin battery wires? possibility for motor wires to short under extreme circumstances? connectors coming loose and shorting? excessive motor current settings, maybe a very high kv motor that pulls a lot of current for quite a long time?

in which moments did the vescs usually die?

2 Likes

Maybe this could be your problem?

No :older_man: