This is How the extended Boosted pack looks

Correct. My bad.

1 Like

The cells are green in the model, but that may mean nothing. I feel like a10S3P 30Q pack would perform better than this, and there are more exotic cells that could reasonably be used at this cell count.

10S3P should deliver more than 6 miles even under hard riding if they were 30Qs

The raptor delivered 15 miles in the cold at 15mph on LG cells. Cut that almost in half for harder riding and you should get close to 8 miles, not 6. The LGs they were using and the 30Qs they were using delivered approximate performance, most people couldnā€™t tell them apart. Fun speed left me with 10-12 miles on that pack at the time. Granted, Fun has increased its speed since then, but you know how it is.

That means they could have used better cells and didnā€™t, they just changed from lifepo to liion and called it a day.

I may have a guy sending me his board to see what i can do with it. Cell replacement may be a solid option on these much like it is on the evolves.

I was assuming more something like vtc5, Samsung 25r or something else in that range. Im just guessing they wold try to meet the current output of the a123 cells so that the batteries donā€™t get to hot or the board gets slower. Again itā€™s just a wild guess.

Thatā€™s what i meant by not being sure if they were meant to indicate the cell. I canā€™t imagine they would use 25Rs this late in the game and talk about increased range when the 30Q delivers a better curve for less explosive discharge and more range in smaller packs without a hefty price increase over the 25Rs.

Either cell would work of course if they made adjustments in the ESC to take advantage of the particular cell they used, but iā€™m just speculating.

how much range would a 30q 10s3p give more or less? I bet more than the 12 miles they advertised right?

it would be more. How much more is the question. This is uncharted territory, my friend. Stay thirsty.

2 Likes