Tilting Trucks from a dude in Poland

Hey guys,

so there is this guy and he really likes tilting suspensions and tries to put them onto anything, including your grandma.

His latest creation- a longboard from aluminium with lots of bling http://www.ev4.pl/en/mountain-board-studio.html

@Flexboardz what do you reckon ?

image image image

I am probably more annoyed than I should be for that huge lever the axle on the front wheel is creating. Otherwise I think its cool, dont really get how the actual driving is happening here

1 Like

I’m always happy to see someone improving our old skate/mtb trucks to correct its main defaults, instability(wobble), lack of grip, …

Basically, it has been addressed at different levels in the past, without definitive answer :

• Ackerman like EV4 and others to improve steering/stability

• Tilting wheels , like EV4 or Pramesh (paralellogram) or like Flexboardz/Streetcarver (swing arms) to improve grip

• Independant wheels, with double wishbone (Baja, other) or swing arms (Flexboardz, Streetcarver) to improve even more grip (offroad) but it can also cause stability problem.

You can even consider that the “deck+mechanical truck” belongs to automotive industry not to boardriding, needing too much hinges, bolts, weight, complexity, price,… to simply correct its defaults.

Simply, for a (old)skier/snowboarder/surfer like me, a board is a flexible thing that lean/bend to steer! So, I dug in the opposite direction, replacing mechanical stuff by flexible stuff (thus the name of the boards).

Well, at the beginning, I dug a bit too deep…

protorouge2

5 Likes

Shame about the green - really cheapens the look :-/

At least it’s not raw. I’d take an ugly Green over a perfectly placed mirror to blind me :joy::joy:

Black or dark grey would be a good choice I reckon

1 Like