(tm) drums being beat again (vesc™️) infringement warning

HI GUYS, JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW FRANKS SURFING WEBSITES AGAIN. PLEASE REMEMBER THE LETER (V) IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

4 Likes

Just ignore that crap. He is litterally doing nothing iyher that making life difficult for his competition.

6 Likes

its just stupid, you don’t patent your work but you TM vesc, why???

5 Likes

It’s just a letter though not an actual C&D Order

2 Likes

It’s commonly referred to as profit mongering. He bumps his price as high as possible the. Uses fear tactics to make other vendors make superfulouse changes thereby increasing their cost and selling price.

This makes his profit margin greater than another vendors and closes the gap between his product and other products with the injective of raising the sell price industry wide.

It’s underhanded and unethical…which is Frank’s most predominant personality traits.

12 Likes

he saw the sale announcement, on the forum. I really don’t conceder Hyper ion systems as competition to TRAMPA and don’t want to. Truly don’t wise to be associated or compared to them on any level. Really don’t want to be. I don’t like their practices, products or their attitudes, both frank and ted.

3 Likes

um… dude just don’t use vesc ™ to sell a product unless you acknowledge the trademark & it is not yours. That is about as complicated as it is. If you need help talk to Arch at LaCroix, try him on pm. He has been more than generous with his time and advice. Not that I want to burn that out by putting him in it, but he is solid.

4 Likes

^^ This.

The easiest thing you can do, and something you’d have to do anyhow should they file a formal order.

Yes, I have… Its just easy to type VESC versus ESC

1 Like

If @trampa used half as much time worrying about their products and customers vs petty fearmongering, then they might actually at some point have enough money tp actually back up their pathetic threats…Stop being a pillock Franky…you’ll catch more flies with honey than vinegar

3 Likes

I just don’t wake up thinking about what Ahole I’m going to upset with the letter V… I can think of other more interesting words that start with V…the funny thing is its coming from frank not Benjamin Vedder, but I do see he is copied on the email I needed a good laugh anyway, thanks…

2 Likes

There’s a legend about the vesc-X that changed its name all of a sudden

6 Likes

Yea. I know. I sell those and not his. And honestly don’t want anything to do with Trampa. I would understand if it was Benjamin V emailing me because he was concerned. But it’s frank Trampa. And his motives aren’t to protect Benjamin’s trade mark, it’s to protect his profits. And out of all I’ve seen on the forum Any opposition to any project in competition with franks vesc 6 he attacks and threatens with legal action. EScape. Your box is shaped like my box. I would back the little guys if the cost weren’t so high. We are small, not developing anything in that area right now. Really focusing on making things more accessible. I sell a dozen esc every few weeks. I’m not a threat.

5 Likes

yea don’t worry about it…

the only reason he’s still afloat is because of his decks and trucks (maybe wheels too)

2 Likes

Currently I don’t have VESC anywhere on my website, but I may just put it everywhere because this royally pisses me off.

12 Likes

The funny part is, I did a search last night and 300k hits of vesc and I’m sure half or more are phrase hits and a quarter of that being post and a 5-10% being product reference. I found 10 selling a esc under vesc and no trade mark. Thanks for the support guys.

And I would say if everyone used it in a manor that displeased a wanker, so be it.

He only saw my announcement on the forum.

I’m down for a vesc sell in. POWER TO THE VESC IMFRINGMENT MOVEMENT

6 Likes

When I first started building my board / first started doing research, I found out I needed a vesc. Upon doing a bit more looking, it seemed to me the only real vesc out there was the $300+ vesc 6 sold by trampa. The extensive information / marketing threw me off as a newbie… and I wasn’t prepared to pay almost $700 for just the speed controllers. So I asked in the discord and was recommended to use the focbox. That’s when I realized and started digging some more to find out that vesc is an open source hardware design, and that $300+ for a vesc wasn’t my only option.

I think there are a small number of people (very small) who might not do as much digging as me who might end up buying vesc 6 from trampa if all the marketing / specs / etc on the page dont overwhelm them as a newbie. I think most people will keep digging a bit for something appearing more simple to use, like the focbox, even if it’s essentially the same thing: a vesc.

And now I know, even if I wanted a hardware v6 ESC, there are other cheaper options there too. Thanks forums.

8 Likes

I just hope the seller of alternatives don’t stop to put VESC in the info/threads so it’s possible to find them when searching. This is trampas main goal and I hope as many as possible mess that up. It’s fucked up that he comes in to skim the profit of a open source project like vesc that was developed and tested by the community.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I knew this guy would be a problem almost 2 years ago durring a conversation we had with them about their over priced products. I’m going to have a talk with my brother about it. I agree with with the community on this. I know pat at Lacroix chimed in on the ESCape thread when Frank was bent on the box looking like a box thing. I’ll shoot him a pm. But I know those dudes are crazy busy. Anyway Not over.

3 Likes

The VESC aka Vedder ESC has been developed by Benjamin Vedder alone, not the community. 99.5% of the work is in the code, which is Open Source thx to Benjamins ethos to code sharing.

Without the tremendous amount of effort he put into the coding, no ESC that is based on his work would spin a motor a quarter turn. It is his baby and he can do with it what ever he likes. It’s probably fair enough that he owns the rights to the name of the project. That doesn’t hinder anyone to make and sell VESC-Based hardware in any future.

On top of that the TM policies are pretty fair, based on the Linux TM policies. Most OS-Projects own the TM for the Project name, and a lot of them derive profits from service or hardware sales. That is not skimming, it is essential for project survival. No cash, no future.