Took a nasty fall... be safe guys (graphic)

that vince carter jersey looking fine

2 Likes

better than my elbow! lol

I hope you get better soon!!

hope u get better, just got out of a bad one.

Finally got my cast off 2 days agoā€¦and man is my arm stiff. Its visibly smaller due to the muscle atrophy, and i can really only bend it a few degrees from where it was locked with my cast on. Doc said im supposed to work on range of motion slowly and i have an appt to see him again in 4 weeks. it feels good to be out of the cast, but it also feels shitty still not being able to move my arm really. just glad im one more step towards making my recovery. here are some pics. the two with the flash on are pretty much as soon as i got home from the hospital before a shower, they still show the road rash; but after the shower the scab came off soo easily (it almost made breaking my elbow worth it! lol).

IMG-20190710-WA0003 IMG-20190710-WA0005 IMG-20190710-WA0012 IMG-20190711-WA0029

3 Likes

Nice scar. Iā€™ve broken a few bones and had some plates put in. They heal relatively fast and usually very well. Youā€™ll be back out in no time.

If you have to do PT, do exactly what the PT tells you and dont slack off. Pick up some dumb bells for eventual strength training to build up those biceps for the ladies

2 Likes

thanks for the adviceā€¦no PT yet, im following up with the doc in 3 weeks and heā€™s gonna see my progress and weā€™ll move from there i guess (he didnā€™t even mention PT). Right now my elbow is still pretty swollen, and very stiff, and painful to try and extend or flex. Iā€™ve been trying to use my arm as much as possible to try and get rid of the stiffness; im finding it much easier to extend my arm (i can straighten it a good bit more than I could right after taking the cast off), but flexing my arm is so brutally stiff and painful, im trying daily to stretch it and bend it but i really cant get much past the 90 degrees where it sat in the cast for so long. i can juuuuuust touch my nose with the tip of my thumb if i assist with my good hand for stability and that is pretty stiff and painful. but it is progress, i couldnt do that a few days ago, and now i can even put on deodorant so I dont smell so bad :stuck_out_tongue:

yeesh thats a rough oneā€¦ had my major accident a few months back almost fully healed but was able to ride after a couple weeksā€¦ moral of the story (yours) should be dont go ripping up the street on any board you havent yet tested to see how it respondsā€¦ 8 to 12s im sure was a fun jump till u hit the brakes lol