Top speed and efficiency

That’s a cool topic, maybe we could change the title of the thread to “Top speed and efficiency”. I would be interested to see more stats.

I’m reaching 89% of the theoretical max. My calculated max is 44,6kph. I’m able to get to a max of 40kph on flat ground only with a full charge though (41,7 Volt) and fall back to 37kph when charge is around 50%. Never checked voltage at around 50% charge.

Subjectively would rate overall efficiency more like 81%

10S (18650) 36V, 83mm wheels, 190kv single 2200W, gearing 15/36, 15mm belt setup, VESC BLDC, rider weight 67kg + board weight 8,2kg

1 Like

I think everyone should include riders weight as well. Can imagine that has a big impact on the efficiency calculations…

1 Like

dont think it has a big impact - once you are rolling, the only impact riders weight has is the deformation of wheels!

@whitepony so if a 60 kg guy says he gets 50km/h top speed, my fat 100kg ass will also get 50km/h top speed?

if you have the same surface and drag coefficient you “nearly” will … your tyres deform a little more which costs some energy.

otherwise your weight only plays a role when you change your speed or when you go uphill!

Ooooooooooooooooooooo that’s good to know. At least my heavy ass won’t be a heavy and slow ass :smiley:

I reach my theoretical top speed at 41 km/h (measured by GPS) on my build. :slight_smile: