TorqueBoards motor mount comes loose

@Gerrycorrado Best to contact us through support. But if anything is wrong we’ll get you fixed up. Send us an email.

3 Likes

Ill give it a try first,no worries

Great. Thank you, I would really appreciate that.

Just sent you an email. Thanks again, you are a stand up company.

1 Like

@torqueboards So what clamp will I get if I order the mount now? It looks like on the website it’s still the 1-piece clamp. image

@mtuan293 - Any of our black mounts have our NEW 2PC CLAMP. Blue and Red are still the old version but if you let us know in the order notes we can send you a black one. We’re in transition of moving to a new warehouse so we haven’t updated the photos just yet.

3 Likes

I really appreciate @torqueboards sending me new motor moubt, but not even the clamps, with blue Loctite stay on. And I torqued the hell out of the screws, so much so one of the screw heads began to slightly deform. I guess my roads are just that rough, the innoying part is my feet don’t get numb and they’re not even that bad to ride on, so it supriseing and equally infuriating the mounts keep breaking loose. Anyone got other recommendations? I am ready to just weld the bastards on. Or buy a pre built, so at least I have someone to gripe at when the motors come off every day.

1 Like

If you are torquing the screw so hard that the hex head is deforming on the screws, it means that you are using the incorrect sized hex head or your hex bit is too soft/cheap.

This means you aren’t applying enough torque to the screw and instead you are just deforming it.

The correct tool and correct hex is also important

1 Like

@C23 - Email us we have a new 2pc clamp that should help you.

1 Like

@torqueboards I sent you an email and you sent me the kind with the clamp, which amazing of you, thanks again. You have been great, it’s my road, I think, not your mounts. Or perhaps, I just need to use red loctite, I threw some on there, and it seems to be holding so far, I have only gone 8 mi so far today, and it usually comes off at like 16, but if still feels supper solid. I did have one more question though, unfortunately, my motors are now severely dented, yes the rock on my roads are that big in places, anyway, do you see any problem with just running it till it pukes, I don’t know how they are constructed, but I certainlty don’t want one to freeze up all at once. LOL. Thanks again for the speedy and prompt relies, I really do appreciate it.

2 Likes

Yeah so @torqueboards sent me two new clamps, the two piece ones. Very grateful for that! They are a million times better design than the ones with just the set screws. I put them on a few weeks ago and they haven’t budged at all. The best part though is that they stay square to the truck much better than the old ones.

1 Like

@C23 - Your motors should be good just as long as magnets aren’t cracked or shifted. Sounds like it’s mostly cosmetic. If you have any issues, let us know.

2 Likes

@torqueboards, unfortunately, it benan to make a clicking sound, shortly after I noticed that it was dented. It also has a very noticeable amount of resistance, when I turn it. I would imagine that the motor magnet broke. By dent, I don’t mean a scratch, I mean a litterall full on dent. I was thinking that perhaps I could pull the housing off and try to take the dent out and then see where I stand. I’m not sure how much damage (to the windings) was caused by the magnet rubbing on them, but I know there was a substantial amount of force, just by the fact that it burned around two times the normal battery. My battery died after like 13 - 16 miles today, I didn’t ride it home is was performing so poorly. Does removing the dent and reassembling it seem like a possibility? I would just ride it till it was done, but it burns so much power I could not make my commute, and I don’t want to destroy the battery with full discharges over a toasted motor. I attached to an overly lenthy video of the sound and the dent. You can probably watch the first 5 seconds and get the picture.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Here is the link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nNJliBHff2TFtFbYnHyJ6iDDfSO1auSR/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: In case the link is slow or there is no advantage to hearing the sound. An image is below.

IMG_20181022_205649384 IMG_20181022_205720885

@C23 - Send this to our email. That way we can open up a proper ticket. You can send it in and we can take a look at the motors if there are any issues and let you know what we come up with.

2 Likes

Can you post your video of installation of the mounts again? Found it useful on my previous build :slight_smile:

Had that bookmarked but when I went to play it its unavailable :confused:

It’s either on diyelectricskateboard, or the torqueboards Chanel lol

Deckoz video explained it the best way…Please make it available again! :pray:

1 Like

Mines stripped to hell im just gonna try the Miamielectric mount and see if it’s any better

1 Like