Torsion trucks vs standard trucks

After years of riding on torsion trucks I resently aquired a boosted board with standard trucks and I’m surprised that modern e-boards are using standard trucks instead of torsion trucks. Exkate/Altered founder Louis Finkle was the first to patent and produce a wireless electric skateboard. He also patented a torsion truck specificaly for electric skateboards. His boards were ground breaking and sucessful. Unfortunately he sold out a long time ago and the company seemed more passionate about making money then quality boards. His boards are now known to be sold at walmart.
Back to point… Torsion Trucks are completely different then standard trucks so it takes practice to get used to. Once you do learn to ride them I can’t imagine wanting to go back to conventional trucks on a powerboard. Carving and turning on Torsion trucks is on a very different level. After digging around I found a new Torsion Truck. “Revenge Torsion Trucks” I may try them on my next build. What are your thoughts and experiances with Torsion Trucks?

3 Likes

Well personally I’m a fan. I have a set of old ass seismic trucks that I would love to use on an eskate. I haven’t found a mount to fit though and my mechanical skills are sorely lacking lol

Are they spring trucks?

I have no idea how the photo became flipped… Again :joy:

I think there’s a screw on hub motor that might fit without modifying the truck…

2 Likes

1 Like

I dig the shit outta those Revenge trucks. I’ve tried a couple of different mounts. Both of the ones from Torque boards and an enertion type with no success . It’d be killer if one was out there though

It can be accomplished…

Oh yeah man for sure! I had filed the hanger Almost to the point of stupidity. :joy: Seems if I had a couple mm more room I’d have it!

How about filing the mount instead of taking more meat off the hanger… ? A dremel may come in handy…

1 Like

Almost embarrassed to admit it but ya know I never once thought to do that! :joy::joy::joy: sometimes an outside opinion is all that’s needed I guess . I appreciate the insight brother

1 Like

seems like the perfect thread for you @psychotiller

we all know how much you love trucks with springs

I’m not talking about SPRING trucks. I’m specificaly talking about torsion trucks originaly designed for electric skateboards.
Eglide Altered Rokitscience UK These companies all used Torsion Trucks on their electric skateboards for a reason. Now no one does. I have no idea why that is…?

3 Likes

They don’t use springs. Search for revenge torsion trucks, I’m thinking of getting a set of 175mm ones

2 Likes

Today I feel like one of the kids from Sesame Street, “learning is fun!” Seriously I thought that seismic were tortion trucks. My bad y’all.

2 Likes

Not many people know about torsion trucks. Thats one of the reasons I’m bringing it up. They have been left behind with the first generation of electric skateboards. Maybe its for a good reason but I liked them and want to see if other people feel the same way. Maybe there being left behind for a silly reason like the learning curve, patent issues, or production but I’m not sure I’ll even find anyone who has used them extensively at this point.

4 Likes

No offense. Seriously I mean no offense, But “nuclear pickle” trucks ,which I’m pretty sure Finkle borrowed his design from, suck when compared to pretty much all RKP trucks and most TKP trucks.

They are different yes. But that doesn’t make them better. Certainly not perform better. I don’t think they were left behind. They just didn’t perform as well. Altered would most likely still be around had they looked for or designed better components.

2 Likes

^^ I’m gonna stick with that…

However if they were talking about the Revenge trucks.(torsion kingpin)…they’re great for pumping setups…

I dont like the torsiin hangar trucks that this thread is talking about

1 Like