Trampa board riders please comment here about Top mount vs Bottom mount enclosures

I think if I go top mount (I probably will… :stuck_out_tongue: ) I’m gonna ask to have 2 10s3p battery packs made in as sturdy of a pattern as possible. If possible I would like to have each p group wrapped separately, and then all wrapped together too :slight_smile:

I’ll then connect them in the battery box in sort of an L shape, so I can insert a plastic shroud and ensure that the batteries move around a little less, and use the rest of the space as a spot for dual escs :smiley:

This is great! I have no talent with tools so less is better :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was skeptical before too. But after I tried it’s really really strong holding. And I already had a nice crash with like 20km/h against a piece of tree, making my deck fly up in the sky. Everything stuck on super good.

Just make sure that the box is not too long. It could make the deck more stiff or hit the box when flexing hard. For this three holes in the middle with a 5–10mm spacer would hold everything better probably.

That’s one of the reasons why I use two boxes on top. Save me some good flex thou

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ENNRB8/?coliid=I1GGVLZWEZB118&colid=1MEMBL932168K&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

How does this one look? :slight_smile:

Ill try to use rubber washers and silicone on the inside to seal

Thx ethel, This was for fun :grin: It was not finished to get all the Nos bottle look, I let carbon and paint some chrome then make a mad max style … :blush: made from a 3D print, can easily fit 2 x 6s 12Ah graphene or 16Ah Turnigy 12c. And when you ride, with the 9" it look smaller ^^ and geave you rocket torque :joy: :

Some more inspiration :

Between all case test, I also ride mostly with velcro on board plus sometime (offroad session or jump (trying)session) a velcro band.

3 Likes

Good topic! I would say it all depends on the usage. For street and all terrain boards bottom mounted enclosures are fine and look much better but are much more complicated because of the flex plus you need a flexible battery. It took sooooooooooo long to finish the carver compared to the mountainboard:

Comparison between street/urban carve deck with mini and normal spring trucks and Holypro MTB.

193311e.

On mountainboards aka “I don’t care about anything” top mount is a must. IMO a mountainboard is no mountainboard with bottom mounted enclosure. Just some evidence why… this is no dust just my scratched deck from riding only, I don’t slide :laughing:.

No space for any bottom mounted enclosure :grin:

still001

landing after a jump - bottom out

still003

A top mounted enclosure means unlimited fun even when it’s not pleasing to the eye.

4 Likes

I use Velcro on my 12s7p and it’s never even close to moved. I was amazed at what strength industrial grade velcro has

What sealing compound can I put on the bottom of my deck to avoid perma scratches? :stuck_out_tongue:

please share your box and the internal configuration!!!

With normal riding you won’t get these scratches but I don’t care, this is the most fun for me. Also I like to jump and sometimes land on the middle of the deck only. That material is very strong, it feels like the bottom of a used scratched snowboard now but no real damage just aesthetics.

3 Likes
4 Likes