Trampa - E-Toxx EMTB with 12S Roxxy ESC, Beltdrive SK3-149kv

I would have thought that an RC ESC is going to be able to take some shocks without issue.

My Hobbywing ESC´s have take alooot of shocks without problems, i think actually the Roxxy is an universal controller (CAR,BOAT,AIR) and maybe not optimized for Car use… It seems that there is a weak point as i explained above and i will try to eliminate it.

I have seen similar components in servers that have broken because of repeated heating and then cooling over time. Simply put, turned on and off a lot.

Wow, that must have been some serious fire. Good thing you are alright and wearing boots. I will keep this is mind when I am riding my Trampa build, boots! How badly is the deck damaged, i wonder how it looks after it is cleaned up?

Yeah Boots makes sense on this Boards. Better control and alot more stable in the Bindings IMO. Also better for your ankles… No damage on the deck, just a little darker now (-;

Relocated the BAttery and Motorwires to come out on Top

Prepered a moulding device for filling it up with epoxi. Need this to get the right space on bottom and side. It is fixed on the heatsink with 4 screws.

I really hope that my “separating agent” will work guys, otherwise i dont get it out again :fearful:

Ordered a Capacitor Bank from YGE, by reisenauer.de :

Its easier to use with more capa then if i mount single caps next to ESC´s…

Cheers

7 Likes

Any updates? How did it go?

Hey. I´m late with this project. Filled up the first 36h ago. Normally drytime is up to 48h. Actually it still feels sticks and soft. Pretty sure i mixed up the 2k stuff correct, but maybe the first night it was to cold in the garage. Took it inside for the last 12h. Have to wait now.

The Cap-Banks from YGE came in, maybe i will mount them first on my excisting setup without epoxi actually, depends on how fast it dryes and how good i get it out of cast.

Cheers Jenso

1 Like

your direct drive is awesome ! what do you think about the Alien new hev motor ?

you may have think about hub motor, not enought power but with 80mm motor ? possibly well ?.. or not

5 Likes

I almost thought this is real and already happening :smiley:

I think there was this company called ‘‘QS MOTOR’’ who perhaps might have some hub motors in smaller sizes sometime in the future

Though, for now, the smallest one’s they got, I think, were still about 10-11’ in size and they were for e-scooters mostly. The perfect hub motor probably should be about 4’’ in size.

Hoverboard motors are okay… but mostly they are only around 250w.

Thanks you Riako. Actually i dont think that Hubmotors will be the future of EMTB.

The lack of torque without a gearing is too big IMO, you will need really big hubmotors and if these will fit in a 8Inch tire i dont believe. Also the axial forces caused to jumps and hard offroad riding will be a big battle for the bearings.

I dont say that Hubs will not workable on MTB´s, but a 250W or even 1000W Hubmotor is not comparable to a geared 2500W satelite configuration… maybe for some chilled cruising but not for what i prefer.

Just my 2 Cents. Cheers

4 Likes

thanks, Im also for gearing system … but try to find à way to redious interaction, your direct drive seams perfect ! Aslo try to find why they’re not one centreal motor for 2 wheels, but not good without differential, and the différential is a pb too lol … Hurry to see your new setup (about that what kind of tooth you used for direct gearing ?)

Big up e-toxx !!

How do these compare to the VESC?

In German e-skate forum two people build one-Motor/dualdrive Trampas. Offroad the lack of differential is not that bad as it seems.

Do you checked this tread about directdrive from mine ?

Thanks Again Mate.

They have massive power, alot more then the VESC. But not that adjustable and smooth.

1 Like

Ooooooh sh!t ! Missed that !!! :scream:

Excellent idea. As always great job.

1 Like

My epoxi roxxy still not dryed complete, i guess the first 12hours in not tempered garage damaged the internal structure…

Anyway i done the Cap´s Mod to the other roxxys for testing. Its a bit ghetto fabrication, dont want to invest more then needet until i know that this will really improve it!

Used some electrical tape to secure the caps :

remove 5mm wide the isolation of powerwires with a cutterblade :

soldering the caps :

Using “foam rubber” for the underside of the capbanks :

fixed it with electrical tape to the esc :

To protect the ESC for vibrations using some thicker foamrubber and douple sided tape :

Looking forward to new Firework (-: but only on 31.12 … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers

12 Likes

Fingers crossed it works Jesso, get to fabrication lol… MGM got back to me about those esc’s and reckon they will be all good, one thing they were worried about was the enertion motors and there ratings-on the website there rated to 12s- 44v max but with my battery’s there 51v fully charged, also the amperage that they can handle. I’ve emailed Jason as to what amps they can handle but no reply as yet. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see, I’ll order the esc’s after Christmas.

Hi Jens, did you mention the second firework issue to Robby and what they said?

1 Like

Your tests on the MGM´s will be really interresting ! I personally dont see a big problem by 44V to 51V full charged, voltage drops by driving and the 51V will be not there for long IMO.

Good luck for a reply from Jason, i still got no replacement shaft for my broken R-Spec one… only 5 or 6 month back :disappointed:

The reclamation was absolutely uncomplicated again, filled out the reclamation form, send back burned esc, get a new one within 5 Days. NICE… no questions asked :yum:

2 Likes