Oh boy, here we go
Here is my trampa build which I should have documented way better than I did. Honestly, if it wasn’t for a friend bugging me 10 times a day for updates, I probably wouldn’t have taken any pictures. Sorry in advance for some of the pictures being blurry but its better than nothing
I want to thank a few people who sold me parts and helped me along the way
- @Eboosted for the inspiration from his multiple trampa build threads. Dude, you are also the reason I went with the holypro and full ATB trucks. Looks much better than the carver deck and the shorted trucks, especially with the pneumatic tires.
- @Idea for the bad ass looking trampa mounts. Great product at a great price and fast shipping. He also sold me the prototype trampa enclosure. Moreover, hes from krakow. One of my favourite cities in the world
- @bigben stand up guy. I traded him my landyatchz dinghy for one of his enclosures I wanted for a build that never materialised . He happily gave me credit towards the 2 x 6374 maytech motors and shipped them out fast.
- @rey8801 for the bluetooth module. A steal at 12 euros.
- @Grozniy for the remote all the way from iceland.
- @Andy87 for answering all my stupid trampa questions in the noob thread
- @trampa man, they polarise this forum but I have not seen a better looking combo than the holypro/hs11 deck + their trucks. Call me shallow but form is just as important as function.
70 kilos and just like to cruise at medium speeds so don’t need the most powerful components. I used panasonic pf batteries and flipsky 4.12 VESCs that I had lying around. So far so good.
I got the deck and trucks to Spain before the hubs and tires so just put on some 83mm wheels. Ladies and gentlemen, if you wanna see the ridiculousness that is 83mm wheels on 16 inch trucks, look below:
Looks absolutely ridiculous. Some might say like a spider with thin legs
All the little bits and bobs you need.
Here is me trying to work out how everything fits together.
m3 inserts and used green loctite. thin layer of foam using double sided tape. the holy pro holes were covered with thin stiff plastic taped to the deck.
Had bought U Tabbed pf batteries. Then soldered those tabs to nickel and each parallel pack is connected to the other using 14awg wire with slack. has foam on each pack to compress the cells vertically and double sided tape at the bottom. Charge only BMS.
Took it for a slow spin. Made sure everything is working. Went over some cobble stones to check for rattle. No problems. Obligatory carbon fibre wrap on the motors
Check mount and belt alignment
Making sure all electronics work
Apple watch working. yaaaay
Talking shit to my friend
Lounge to kitchen run