Tread Wrappers for hub motors

Or maybe… me dont care bout grammar on hear…

2 Likes

Why back when you can just make them yourself out of anything. It might take 3 years for you to get the one from the crowdfunding.

1 Like

haha. You’re not wrong there. The prototype was just to prove the concept. Naturally, the final product will look nothing like this and will be made in a factory with proper molding and materials.

This was just to prove the idea and ensure it will function without flying off, will actually get traction, etc. We just need funding in order to get a production ready, finalized product that can be sold.

I can’t say I use these forums very often. I made this account to gauge interest in the product and get some useful feedback. Which I am getting plenty of.

2 Likes

Good finds. That is also accurate. I used to skate as a kid and a friend of mine let me ride their Boosted awhile back. Naturally, I thought it was awesome. So I decided to start my own brand and get involved in the community a bit. Of course the more comfortable I got riding, I wanted to be able to go off-roading. So I came up with the Tread Wraps concept and am here to see how feasible it was. My prototype worked much better than I expected so I figured I’d see what everyone else thought. I know not everyone will like them, but I appreciate all the feedback everyone here is giving.

Ignore them Bobby, Theiy’re just jelus of yer sweet gramma! :rofl:

1 Like

Ok cant wait to see the final product.

I thought about this concept and bought these wheels: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07484JGBQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I planned to core them to 90mm and glue it to the diyeboard 90mm hub PU. Even found the the glue that could work. However, the difficulty of precisely coring and the questionable quality of the wheel material stopped me from following through. Plus, I didn’t have confidence those hub motors can be pushed hard enough without overheating.

Unless there is a powerful and resilient motors that can adapt to larger sizes, this concept won’t work. Also what’s necessary is the programmable ESC like VESC.

BTW, those wheels turned out to be complete crap. When ridden at 20+ mph they heated up and disintegrated from the inside.

Could you reply to my post above?

Show a video of you carving these at full speed.

yeah I think he forgot to calculate the change in diameter of the wheel resulting in the KV of the motor now being very inefficient and at the same time insulated further from heat dissipation…the entire concept was obviously dreamed up by someone not harboring the experience or tools on the subject. If you wish to make wheel thane for hub motors that replace the crap on them, you would be better off and fill a niche by solving a problem…these things don’t solve a problem that needs solving, nor do they add anything…in fact they hurt the situation, and considering they are marketed to people who purchased cheap hub motor eskates, it appears they are banking on their consumers being ignorant or foolish and to me, as an eskate consumer, that’s insulting…insulting products are never gonna to far…while producing the things we are asking for is helpful…so start there, do your research…

1 Like