Trying to find a battery

I recently finished my first esk8 build and like an idiot I picked the cheapest possible battery I could find. It claims to be a 48v 10ah battery but it can’t keep the board at good speeds for more than 10 min or about 1-1.5 miles. After some research I decided a diy battery would be the most cost effective but after even more research about the dangers of spot welding cells, I have decided to buy a prebuilt pack.

After looking around at some prebuilt packs and their crazy prices, I started looking at some replacement battery packs for prebuilt boards. I stumbled upon this backfire zealot battery that is 12s2p and claims to have 60a continuous discharge

Would this battery work for my dual 6374 motors? I would like atleast around 10 miles of range and it claims to get 20+ but that is with much smaller motors. Does anyone know of any other prebuilt packs in the 12s2p or 12s3p configuration under $400? Thanks for any help!

would you like to make a Li-ion battery pack ? we can help you with quality and competitive price

You could always try Aliexpress - I have recently dipped a toe into seeing how it works in an effort to get comfortable enough with the platform to order some of the more expensive items. I know the HOTA tires, & all tires & tubes in general are just about as inexpensive as you can find anywhere that I’ve seen - & I actually have seen some decent feedback from people having success with batteries from here - but i have also heard that it all depends on who you buy from & each store/marketplace here is its own entity - My guess (& my plan eventually) is going to be to reach out to a number of them & just see how the communication process goes - if I can find one that communicates promptly & clearly - & puts me at ease - I 'll likely give it a go.

(Just go to aliexpress & type “12s4p (or whaateva) electric skateboard battery pack” into the search bar - the majority are geared for scooters - but they’re slowly picking up speed w the esk8.

Cheers & Goodluck ~*~ Jake

AliExpress is the absolute worst way to get a skateboard battery. I would only do that if you’re trying to burn your house down.

1 Like