Uneven front and back truck

Hi, I just received one torqueboard extended truck and wanted to mount my motors there, because with standard calibers I don’t have space for both.

What will happen with one extended truck at the back and one normal at the front? Wobbles? Uneven turning? Or can it be done normally?

1 Like

If it’s a 10" on the front you’ll be fine. You’ll get some stability in the back and retain your turning circle.

People do it on purpose

1 Like

yeah, they are standard 10 inch calibers but with 15mm pulleys I can’t double mount

Wider doesn’t necessarily mean more stable, just less responsive. In the case of speed wobbles it will be harder to recover with a wider rear truck. You need a lower angle in the rear if you want more stability. Wider trucks also reduce traction due to it being difficult to keep the weight balanced in comparison to a narrow setup. Wide trucks look cool but they are quickly becoming more of an old school setup which is ironic when you look at a vintage board :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Just mount the motors the TB trucks, slap the calibers on the front, and enjoy the ride.

3 Likes

I don’t really want more stable, just to not make it worse haha

Thanks, just wanted confirmation :slight_smile: nice

1 Like

Can I get a “Solution” on that please lol

Not until everyone agrees that narrow is better! :neutral_face::joy:

5 Likes

I prefer narrow trucks as well but unless you use 12mm and 55 cans or single drive you’re left with dual diagonal - which I know you guys promote. Aesthetically I struggle with dual diagonal!

On my current ride I have 10" calibers and 6355’s with 12mm belts and it’s great. Want to move to precision trucks however and other than ronins and SRs there’s not many commercially available and eskate mount supported options really.

Ronins do look sexy though

1 Like

We have something cooking on precision Ronins for a quad drive. I like to ride a balanced board, not a big fan of tail heavy machines, but you could use it on a dual rear.

1 Like

Give us a sneaky peek. For science

1 Like

Would love to but we have to protect our development as much as we can! You wouldn’t believe how many companies lurk on my activity. It will be awhile before it’s ready for consumers.

2 Likes

Understandable

To the OP, no biggie, go for it!

2 Likes

I was just gawking at precision ronins the other day, wondering if your current mounts fit.

Reading this just makes my brain hurt with curiosity!

1 Like

There are plenty of times in LDP that there is a short truck in the front and a wide truck on the back it is better for pumping the board

No, they wont be compatible but nothing is final yet.

2 Likes

I came to that conclusion with my eagle eye (read: it was obvious. I am just slow).

2 Likes