UNiK / OKP SWITCHBLADE ESK8 RISERS - V2

Yeah a couple of the holders broke off due the thickness of wires not being fully accounted for. Still not too bad for an amateur first attempt - plus you can’t see it when assembled.

If truth be told they aren’t really necessary, and I might change that in future for version #2

Are these v2 risers available anywhere? I’ve looked on your website and the pictures are a little different, my motors have sensors so hoping to get this version with a hole in for the sensor wire, it looks like the cleanest solution without drilling and routing holes in my deck…

Thanks!

1 Like

hey bro, I’ve not started to produce them yet as it requires some budget. 3D print works well. If you want I could 3D print you a set !

4 Likes

This sounds extremely tempting - how much would a set of these cost? I’m in London - assuming you can ship here?

I’m currently reading vintage @whitepony build threads on Endless Sphere and your original Vanguard - the 2 of you are almost entirely responsible for me finally building my own board - inspiring!

1 Like

I’ll print you a set for free; just the shipping cost. Thanks man. Reminds me great moments on Endless Sphere.

1 Like

Did someone say free what’s going on!? Lol joking I really like these risers. I tried to print a pair at my public library ( which has it maker room with a 3D printer) but every time I go in there I’m competing with some 10 year old printing action figures and can’t get any print time.

2 Likes

What filament do you recommend for your risers? :smile:

dunno, the one I did where milled out of solid ABS UV blocs. If there is interest, I can launch a production.

The one I did to prototype were PLA; worked fine.

3 Likes

I’d be interested :slight_smile: how thick of a wire can be routed through these? If it could be done with softer filaments for more shock absorption, that would be interesting to see as well. Can these be made to be .5" thick?

I messaged a while back for these. I would snap up some from a production run straight away if you did one.

yeah, I’m going to check how much money I got as the company with all the R&D I’m doing, is more often at negative $ at the bank than anything else !

4 Likes

Put me down as interested too!

Interested! 10char

I would want 1-3 too! Softer preferably but am down for 3d printed to or to be a tester on a protoype if you need it :slight_smile:

That would be incredible! I’ve sent you a message, thanks so much for the response!

Interested