Upgraded AntiSpark Switch

Because the goal for this Switch was to make it cheap’ish and simple, theres no need to add a regulator onto the board when you can run 2 wires from a local source you have already. Plus this is a stop gap for me as I move onto a smartBMS eventually.

On a different note the CAD files are good to go

Do you know how much amp this switch can handle? The fuse standoffs are rated to 120A. What about the mosfets and the other stuff?

Why did you choose to use 3 Mosfets instead of 2? Just about more reliability?

I’ve got a 70 amp fuse, which is the max I would go. Went with three MOSFETs for a bit more reliability on the higher current side by lessening heating on the FETs, etc.

If anyone has used this design , DO NOT hook up the LED power connector to anything, unfortunately the ground for it is separated in such a way that it will short if the board is in an “off” state. I’ll spin a fix to this ASAP and apologize if anyone made these for their personal boards.

1 Like

Hi @emepror, did you already fix this issue in the current version on github? If I want to go for higher ampere like 150A, do I simply have to use more mosfets in parallel (like 5)?

Thanks!

you need to make sure to increase thickness or width or both of your copper on the pcb accordingly.

Some people just double up using solder or through hole solid copper wire

1 Like

first up:

There’s a newer revision of my switch now, ill update the top post soon. Less likely to fry things now!

but @The_Dude, koralle is right. You can increase the amount of FET’s to 4-5 for that much current but your going to run into issues with copper thickness and current handling. one way around that is to leave the copper traces exposed and add solder but still going to be a lot of current. One other thing that I would start looking into at more than 3+ FET’s is a simple mosfet driver so its a bit more durable.

2 Likes

Hey Matt,

The github mentions “provides a convenient on off ability.”

I’ve seen some anti-spark switches on the market that turn on automatically during a kick start, and auto/off. Can you confirm what you mean by convenient on/off?

Hey @emepror, where can I get my hands on one of these?

Hi @emepror, there seem to be missing part # on your BOM for R4 and R5 16.5K resistors. Any chance for an update, appreciated :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Will appreciate this info as well!